vi. Partners

' She's got a bad reputation, she takes the long way home. '

S P A C E  ,  2 0 1 4  .

"No one's blowing up moons." Gamora piped up in Rocket and Quill's conversation, the former of the pair creating some new weapon from the parts he was pulling up from the latter's ship without permission.

"You just wanna suck the joy outta everything." Rocket mumbled dejectedly as Blue lay on the floor a few metres away from him, fiddling with some discarded piece of metal and bending it to her will as she reshaped the once jagged piece into multiple little shapes.

"Listen I'm gonna need your buyers co-ordinates." Quill dejectedly walked over to some screens after losing the argument he was having with Rocket over pulling apart his ship.

"Were heading in the right direction, for now." Gamora blandly stated as she fiddled with the orb, looking up through her lashes mockingly at Quill as he turned to her with a sarcastic look.

"If we're gonna work together, you might try trusting me a little bit." He walked towards the green women slowly.

"And how much do you trust me?" Gamora cocked her head at the Terran, raising her brows as he took the orb from her hands.

"I'd trust you a lot more if you told me what this was." Quill rebutted, placing it down on the nearest surface as Blue raised her head to watch Rocket and Drax walk over to the two "Because I'm guessing its some kind of weapon.

Gamora leaned against the table with a soft sigh "I don't know what it is." 

"If it's a weapon, we should use it against Ronan." Drax grumbled as he lifted the object in question, assessing it momentarily before looking between Gamora and Quill.

"Put it down you fool." Gamora lulled, Blue pushing herself up and facing the quartet better as she crossed her legs and set her play thing of metal in front of her, keeping an eye on Rocket as she easily stole some of the parts he'd been working with and beginning to place them where she needed in her own little gadgets "You'll destroy us all." Gamora finished with a sneer.

"Or just you, murderess!" Drax shouted at the green women who quickly stood to attention.

"I let you live once Princess!" Gamora rounded on the angry man, her own eyes flaring in anger.

"I am not a Princess!" Drax corrected in fury.

"Hey! Nobody is killing anybody on my ship!" Quill interrupted the two, almost barking at them both as Blue felt her lips Quirk, suddenly imagining Quill being a Terran Labrador.  

"What if its someone who really deserves it?" Blue piped up causing the four to turn to her, Quill looking completely incredulous before replying.

"No! Okay, we're stuck together until we get the money." He sighed.

"I have no interest in money." Drax droned in his regular baritone, tossing the Orb over to Quill without a care before stalking off.

"Great, that means more money for the three of us." He gave a forced smile to Gamora and Rocket after flinching as Drax had passed him.

Blue looked up and glared at the man, clearing her throat as Groot similarly raised himself from where he'd been leaning against the wall watching the interaction, whining as he approached Quill.

"For the Five of us." He defeatedly shrugged "Partners."

"We have an agreement, but i would never be partners with the likes of you." Gamora spoke directly to the Terran man causing Blue to smirk as she and Rocket shared an amused look "I'll tell the buyer we're on our way. And Quill, your ship is filthy." She grimaced.