Deathswap #2: Sou(Shin)->Sara

Shin slowly opened his eyes. He tried moving his head, but it felt stuck in place. Was this sleep paralysis? He slowly made an attempt to move his other limbs. Legs? No...His left arm stuck. His right arm however was able to move. Shin frantically felt around. Okay...I'm strapped on a bed...Knowing this, he decided to call out, though he doubted someone might've been with him. "Hey-Hello??" Despair washed over Shin before he heard someone. Someone unfortunately familiar...

"Shin?" The voice called out. It was cheerful, not in a good way. The voice was cheerfully eerie. Nobody in the situation Shin was in would act like that. Unless it was...

"Sou?" Shin replied. "It is! Good to see you here Shin!" Shin flinched and shut his eyes tightly.   D-Damn it... out of everyone I know, why him??  He forced a sigh of relief and smiled. "Sou! Thank god you're...here." Sou would've replied with an unneeded response, but a new voice filled the room. "Welcome to the First Trial. You have five minutes to escape, or the beds you are restrained to you as of right now will crush you." 

Panic filled Shin, as his breathing became slightly unsteady. After a moment, he spoke. "Sou-Do you know anything? What should we do!?" "Did you check your pockets, like I did Shin?" Of course. Shin checked his pockets, and to his surprise, he found a key. Relieved, he began feeling around again. He didn't stop until he felt some sort of box. No-A lock. "Hey- I found something- A key and lock!" Sou chuckled. "Have you? Well, use it, Shin. The lock didn't fit. "Shoot..." Shin mumbled. "What's wrong, Shin? Did something unfortunate happen?" Sou sounds more excited than anxious. "The lock, it doesn't fit!" Sou chuckled. "Hand me the key, let me see if I can do anything with it."

    Shin hesitated, before handing over the key to Sou. Praying for once, he didn't pull anything off. A moment of silence passed, before hearing a 'click' sound. Sou unlocked the restraints. Shin let out a sigh of relief. "Sou, you did it?" Sou, who stood up nodded. "I did it! Isn't it amazing! I'm out of danger!" Shin sheepishly smiled. "Yeah. Okay, try to help me out of this now!" Sou began examining the room, finding out what he had to do in an instant. 

    After a bit, Sou had a shaved down key, it could fit the keyhole that was on Shin's restraints. Sou would've gone to unlock the lock, but the dread-filled voice filled the room once more. "You now only have ten seconds, in order to free yourselves from the restraints, or you will meet demise." This filled Shin with panic again. "Sou- Hurry! I don't wanna die here!" Sou didn't do anything. 7...6...5... "Sou!" Sou stood there, with a menacing look. 4...3...2...Shin slightly trembled as time ran out. This'll be how he died. No-Killed. Sou. Sou could've saved him- Sou had the chance. He was so close! If only--

    "Time has expired. The execution will begin shortly." This was it. Shin would die here. Before he would meet his demise, he'd try to look over at Sou. "Sou...hurry! Please..." Sou didn't hurry. He just held the key just out of Shin's grasp. "Where would the fun in a death game be if both of us survived?" Of course. Of course, Sou would've let him die here. Shin opened his mouth to say one more thing to Sou. But before he could, something interrupted him...

    *Crunch.* The bed Shin was on folded into itself. The what used to be a white bed, now stained with the blood, and holding the body of the now-deceased Shin. Sou didn't seem hurt, or surprised at all. He stood there and snickered to himself. "Awh...guess I was just a little too late! What a shame...For Shin at least!" Looking at the door that the room had, he stepped out of it and walked through the pitch-black hallway, before the floor gave out. 

    Upon awakening from the fall. He noticed a group of people together. Two high schoolers, two younger students, a professor, a girl with overalls, a tall muscular man, a man with vibrant blonde hair, a punk-looking woman, and a tall slender man wearing an apron. 

    The blonde hair man took notice of him. "Hey, guess who joined the group." The man wearing the apron spoke up. "It appears someone has. Welcome. We were just about to begin with introductions." one of the high schoolers chimed in. "Hey! Did you happen to come alone, or with a buddy?"

    Sou looked around and slightly smiled. The smile was filled with discord, instead of any relief, or serenity. "Of course. It was just me who came. No one else."