𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝

Please play song during chapter, linked above. Song of the chapter: Where I Stand, by Mia Wray

Present: Wrestlemania

Another day.

Another day in the hospital. All their friends had gathered around, visiting and eating tons of food they ordered. Scarlet took it all in. Watching. Observing. She watched how Seth and Becky were sweet with each other when they thought no one was looking. How Artem looked at Nicole but also loved Brie. The way Brie and Bryan were, the couple everyone strives to be. Charlotte and Andrade no doubt being in love. Renee dealing with Deans antics, constantly rolling her eyes at him but still loving him to death. And then Joe. Her now husband. Laughing at Dean and the guys while he stayed by her bedside, refusing to leave. His smile, the way he naturally did when he seen Scarlet. How the skin around his eyes crinkled when he laughed and grinned. His affection towards her. Always holding her hand or leg or something to mostly reassure himself he's with her. But this wasn't what she wanted. She hated the wires, the machines, the beeps, the medicines, the side effects. And today made sense.

She was ready.

"Woah we better go before we're late." Seth said, looking at his watch.

Joe nodded and grabbed his bag. "I'll be back in a few hours alright? You'll be watching with Artem?"

Scarlet wordlessly nodded.

"I love you." He leaned down and softly kissed her.

"Me and Artem will walk you guys out." Charlotte stood up, she didn't have a match until later on and decided on staying with Scarlet until she had to leave to get ready, leaving her with Artem for the remainder of the day.

"You know since we both work for WWE now, me and you can tag team one of these days and have a Wrestlemania moment." Joe smiled, holding her hand while they sat in the ring watching fans start to come in.

"A Wrestlemania moment huh?" Scarlet smirked.

"It'll be... Epic."

"Wait." Scarlet finally spoke. "I.. I wanna go with him."

Everyone turned to her.

"Go where?" Charlotte wondered.

"To— to the arena, I wanna go with him to the arena. Now." She softly said.

"Scarlet..." Charlotte walked towards her bed. "It'd be better if you stayed here."

"Please Char." Scarlet grabbed her hand. "Let me do this."

Charlotte looked down, knowing what she meant. She tried her best to compose herself.

A tear fell from Scarlets eye. "It's okay Charlotte... I really want to."

"Okay."

I have seen a thousand things
A thousand minds and what they bring
To this world and to this home
But where I stand, well I don't know

Joe signed whatever papers he needed to in order to get her released from the hospital. Charlotte and the girls helped Scarlet dress in her favorite red dress, did her hair and makeup. Helping her feel like herself again.

"The oxygen machine is portable." The nurse informed them. "You can take it off once you get there.."

Scarlet nodded. "Thank you."

Despite her pale lips and pale skin, in Joe's eyes she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Every king needs an heir." Joe stated.