unspoken

warnings: a swear

Y/N stood next to the campfire in James's backyard as she waited for Remus, Sirius and Lily to get the chocolate, marshmallows, and gram crackers for their little bonfire party to get started.

It was a month before they started their seventh year, and James had invited his friends over to hangout for a week. It was their last day there and Y/N was sad she had to leave behind her friends, but she would see them soon again.

The pressure of seventh year already seemed to weigh down on her before it even began. In the midst of her thoughts she felt someone place a hand on her shoulder. She looked back to see Sirius.

"Are you alright?" His eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "Yeah, just a little stressed." He chuckled and sat down next to her on the ground. "You have nothing to stress about." "I know, I know..."

He placed the marshmallows down and covered himself up in his blanket while they waited for only Remus and Lily to come on over.

The fire was warm and comforting as it crackled. Peter and James were having a conversation about merlin-knows-what, but you could tell they were arguing just by the way James pointed his finger at the smaller boy.

As warm as the fire was, it only comforted her from the front and she began to get goosebumps on her skin as she felt the breeze hit her. Sirius noticed this and held out his arm with his blanket.

"Are you cold? Because we can share." "Oh no Sirius I'm fine really." She waved her hand at his arm in defense. "Y/N you are literally lying to my face right now, your arm is covered in goosebumps." He grabbed her forearm and the heat from his hand already began to warm her up.

"Alright fine, you win." She sat closer to him as he wrapped the blanket over her shoulders. It was oddly intimate. Sharing a blanket. Their knees kept touching, and they kept trying to move the other way but they always ended up in the same spot.

"We are back, and we have the chocolate!" Remus held up the bar for everyone to see and James got up. "Took you long enough, Moony. I'm glad you and Lily came back so I didn't have to feel the sexual tension among Sirius and Y/N anymore." Sirius rolled his eyes and threw a stick at James's head. Y/N blushed, but it could easily been mistaken as a reaction to the fire.

The group began to make s'mores and bicker with each other. It was really nice. One of those days where they didn't think about the real world, about the future, about Voldemort, about really anything other than each other.

Sirius and Y/N huddled closer as the night went on, not really caring about brushing knees anymore. James whispered something in Remus's ear and when he pulled away they both smiled. They both went to Peter and Lily and whispered the same thing. They all gave Sirius and Y/N a giddy look.

"Care to tell us what you're all whispering about?" Sirius threw yet another stick at James. "Yes uhm... we are going to uh, we're going to-" "We're going to get more snacks! Yes, that is what we are going to do." Lily interrupted James and shot Y/N and James a very forced smile.

"Okay..." Y/N gave Lily a confusing glare and she gave her a sympathetic look. Then they all ran back into James's house, not before James whispered in Sirius's ear "Do something, or you're both sleeping out here tonight." Sirius sighed and looked back at the fire.

It had been five minutes and the two of them still sat in silence. The rest of their friends were up in James's room spying from the window, waiting for something to happen.

"What's it been like living with James? I can already tell the two of you have already caused a lot of trouble." "Of course we have, who would we be if we didn't?" He nudged her shoulder.

"Anyways, it's been actually really nice. I don't miss being back at home. I was never comfortable there. At least the Potter's are very accepting." "I'm sorry, Sirius." "You've got nothing to be sorry for, love. Just grew up with shitty parents." "You don't deserve that."

The two of them held a look of longing and sadness. The both of them were able to understand each other incredibly well, and even just one simple look at each other could say millions of unspoken words.

James practically fell out of his window as he tried to inch closer to hear what they were saying. "See the eyes they're making at each other? It's going as planned." The rest of their friends nodded in agreement as they waited for one of them to make a move.

"Sirius I- I really like-" But before Y/N could finish what she was going to say Sirius crashed his lips into hers and his hands cupped her cheeks as she melted into the kiss.

James practically screamed, which caused Sirius and Y/N to part and look up at James's window to see all of their friends spying on them. "You're all a bunch of gits, you know that right?" "Oi, Pads, we were just trying to help you both." "By... leaving us alone together only to spy on us from your room?" Y/N said, an embarrassing blush covered her face. "Yes. Exactly."

The four of them ran down the stairs back to Sirius and Y/N. But before they came out Sirius whispered in Y/N's ear. "So... are you my girlfriend now?" "I guess so." She locked her hand with his and stood up as their friends came running out the door.

"So... Sirius and Y/N... how do you feel? Are you guys going to get married now?" Lily said, her fascination for the relationship of her two friends growing. Y/N just scoffed.

"Hardly anything changed. I'm actually relieved." He placed his arm around her shoulders. "Maybe I will make her my wife someday." Y/N instantly pushed his arm off of her. "In your dreams."