~{5}~

The giant reptile had arrived back to Darkland in his clown car. He had still firmly gripped the princess in his giant claw as he held her over rivers of lava and grounds made up of volcanic rocks and obsidian.

Darkland was a sinister land that looked highly similar to the underworld with its intimating lava and fire, along with its dark atmosphere that included evil monsters. The monsters, in this case, was indeed Bowser's minions since he was the king of Darkland, after all. Even the lava (the Magmaarghs, Podoboos, etc) seemed to be at the reptile's commands, as well. The air in this kingdom seemed to be thick and ashy, since the whole kingdom was surrounded by deadly, hot substances. Not a single stream of sunlight nor green grass sprouted anywhere. Bowser absolutely detested happy, cheery or "nice" things, which made sense in a kingdom like this.

The princess continued to squirm and tried to pull herself out of the reptile's grip, however, it was still futile as always. She then realized that it was a good thing that Bowser didn't drop her after all, because if she fell, she would either be plunging into the magma or fall to her death onto the volcanic rocks and obsidian. She still hated to be in the reptile's tight grip, though. It was so uncomfortable that being a cage was more comfortable. Well, for a certain time, that is.

Peach slightly turned her head to get a glimpse of Bowser. He seemed to not pay any attention to her as he continue to stare ahead at whatever was in front of him. He tightened his grip a little bit more as he felt the princess squirm around in his grip, even though there was no way of the princess escaping, anyway.

If he tightens his hold on me anymore, he might break my spine and crush me to a bloody pulp! Princess Peach thought, horridly as she imagined the horrific scene. With fear, she just stayed limp in his hand as she frightenedly and briefly looked around Darkland, waiting to return to Bowser's dark and evil castle. That way, Mario can come and rescue her quickly and everything can hopefully be over in a flash.

Nothing was heard during the flight except for the deep plopping and sizzling sound of lava everywhere and the rapid heartbeats that the princess had. Her deep breathing could be heard as well as she listened to the rapid winds that the propeller sliced in the air underneath them.

The clown car then came down slowly and at first, Princess Peach was confused until she realized why. Bowser and her were in the clown car, hovering above a large, dark bridge that crossed over a large river of lava. The bridge lead up to the one and only King Koopa's (Bowser's) evil and dark castle. Peach knew that castle anywhere.

Bowser then hopped out of the clown car and came crashing on the bridge with his giant, heavy feet. Princess Peach let out a small shriek of terror and covered her ears as she felt the vibration of the bridge shake, unsettlingly. The princess slowly uncovered her ears and wondered how this bridge never collapsed from the giant reptile king's stomping around.

Bowser paid no attention to the terrified princess in his massive claw as he turned around to face the clown car.

With one swift motion, it lifted back up in the air and flew around somewhere to the back of the castle. When it finally disappeared, Bowser began clomping his feet towards his giant, front castle doors. Since the princess was so tiny compared to the reptile, the vibrations shook her like a pop bottle experiment with Mentos. She felt like her head was going to explode, so she grunted a bit and squeezed her eyes shut in pain, while holding her head.

Bowser raised an eyebrow at her in concern. He tried to stomp a bit lighter, but everything still shook, so she'll have to deal with it until he put her in a cage.

Bowser stomped past his castle doors. They closed with a firm 'thud' and mechanisms behind him hissed as they clicked and locked into place. The door was now secured with locks and bolts of all sorts.