Flesh and Stone

Please, please, PLEASE read the A/N at the end! It is very important, because it has to do with what's coming up soon that I think I might possibly do. Read and look at it at the end!

Oh, and could you guys comment so I know you definitely are reading it, especially those of you who vote? It helps me know that you're not just voting because I update, it's because I know that when someone actually comments and specifically points at a specific point in the book, I know they really are reading. :)

Thanks! And read the A/N!

***

"Up!" the Doctor ordered. "Look up!"

Amy blinked as she stood, looking at the metal surface under her. "Are you OK?" River asked, going to her side.

"What happened?" she asked.

"We jumped."

"Jumped where?"

"Up," Jessie smiled. "Look up."

"Where are we?" Amy repeated.

"Exactly where we were," River answered.

"No, we're not!"

"Move your feet," the Doctor ordered, going for the metal hatch in the floor.

"Doctor, what am I looking at?" Amy asked in confusion. "Explain!"

"Oh, come on, Amy," the Doctor rolled his eyes. "Think! The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?"

"Artificial gravity," Jessie explained. "One good jump, and up we well. I shot out the gravity globe to give us the updraft. Ta da!"

"Doctor, the statues," Octavian said. "They look more like Angels now."

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves," the Doctor explained. "Within an hour, they'll be an army."

Jessie jerked back when the Doctor got the hatch open and a light exploded. "They're taking out the lights," she warned.

"All of you, look at them," the Doctor ordered. "Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you!"

"How?" Amy asked, then gasped when the Doctor dropped into the hatch. "Doctor!"

"It's still a corridor," Jessie assured her. "The gravity oriented to the floor. Get in, all of you, and don't take your eyes off the Angels. Go!"

"OK, men," Octavian said as she dropped in. "Go, go, go!"

"Need help?" Jessie began to ask, then squeaked when the Doctor stopped working to give her a kiss that made her squeak. Once he was done thoroughly kissing her, she pulled back, blinking slightly. "What was that for?" she asked.

"Out of the catacombs," he smirked, making her blush and swat him.

"The Angels," Octavian cut in, even though River was snickering and Amy looking very . . . jealous, almost? "Presumably they can jump, too?"

The hatch shut, and Jessie sighed. "They don't need to jump if they're already in here. In the dark, we're done for."

"Run!" the Doctor shouted as the bulkhead down the corridor began to close.

"This whole place is a death trap!" Octavian shouted as they ran.

Jessie experimentally tried to push through the closed bulkhead, but cursed when she found out she couldn't. "No, this is a time bomb," she growled. "Well, a death trap, a time bomb, and a dead end. They always do come in threes."