Chapter One

Amara

Of course it's my first day back at Hogwarts and I am late. I need to learn how to apparate this year so I can start getting places on time. At least I got to miss Dumbledore's usual long speech. Honestly, for someone who is supposed to be one of the wisest wizards, half of his speeches dont make sense. I tap the rhythm of "Helga Hufflepuff" onto the barrel and try to keep calm as I walk into the Hufflepuff common room. I haven't seen my friends in so long and I am so excited to finally be away from home and in a fun environment. The first person I see is Aurora, my best friend. She has dirty blonde hair that looks brown in the shade, hazel eyes, and the best advice. I give her to biggest hug ever. Everyone calls us the double A; We're always getting into to trouble but never getting caught. 

Cedric walks up to us, with his usual 'I-know-that-I-am-hot' walk, saying a little too loudly, "Double-A!", then turns to me and says "Didn't see you on the train". 

"Oh so you were looking for me" I respond, confused why he is even talking to us.

"Of course not. Aurora just wouldn't shut up about how you didn't respond to any of her letter's and wouldn't leave me alone. I think she has a crush on me"

"I do not!" she scoffs

"Sure you don't. I have to go give the first year's a tour of the common room, since I got chosen to be prefect" he smirks, "See you two later."

He then walks off and leads a group of first years into the dormitory section. I say hi to a few more people then head to the library with Aurora.