Chapter Sixteen ~ What Now?

Kristoff woke up, gasping for breath. The sunlight was right in his face. Apparently, Olaf never closes his curtains. Kristoff sat up and tried to calm down, but he couldn't. 

It was just a dream, he tried to tell himself, but the dream felt so real to him. 

Olaf woke up too. He yawned.

"Ahwmmm. . . Good morning." He yawned, rubbing his eyes. Kristoff couldn't talk. He was still freaking out.

"Everything okay?" Olaf asked, yawning again.

"I eh, I. . ." Kristoff tried to say, putting his hands in his hair in confusion. Olaf put his arm around Kristoff and stroke his back. 

"Just breathe," he said, "In through your nose, out through your mouth, smell the flowers, blow out the candles." Olaf kept repeating, trying to get Kristoff calm. Surprisingly enough to Kristoff, it worked. His breathing went back to normal again, and he could talk. "Now, what happened?" Olaf asked him, when he noticed that Kristoff was calm again.

"I-I had a nightmare. I died in the end?" Kristoff replied, questioning his own sanity.

"That's sad. How did you die?" Olaf asked. Kristoff looked at him.

"I eh, I got stabbed by H-Hans' brother because he wanted to stab Anna, but I-I pushed her out of the way, so he would stab me instead of her." He explained. Olaf sighed.

"Wow, that's horrible. . . . Oh, I dreamed about me, Bruni, and the Snowgies exploring the forest together. One of the Snowgies got lost, and we had to search everywhere for him, but Flurry was just sleeping under a tree at the entrance of the forest, so it was all fine." Olaf said. Kristoff laughed.

"How do you even know which Snowgie is which?" He asked.

"There are obviously differences between the Snowgies." Olaf said, jumping of the bed.

"Right. . ." Kristoff said and laughed again. Olaf walked to the bathroom door. 

"I'm going to take a shower. I'll be right back." He said as he went in the bathroom.

"Are you even able to take showers?" Kristoff asked, but Olaf was already gone. Kristoff stretched his arms and yawned. This was one of the few nights he had actually slept for a few hours. Even though he had a nightmare, he felt more rested than he had felt the past four days. As he thought about it, this real nightmare has indeed been going on for four days now. It felt like four weeks to him. He missed waking up next to Anna, looking at her smile, laughing with her, going to boring royal meetings with her and their funny faces during a royal dinner with some rich duke from wherever. His thoughts were broken off by Sven, he moaned. Kristoff stroke his best friend's back.

"Good morning, buddy, did you sleep well?" He asked his friend. Sven moaned again and closed his eyes. Apparently he wasn't done sleeping yet. 

Kristoff looked at the clock. It was eight o'clock in the morning. He stood up and went to another bathroom somewhere in the castle. Since there were at least five bathrooms in every hallway, he had plenty of bathrooms to choose from. He walked to the nearest empty bathroom and took of his clothes. He took a quick shower and put his clothes back on. They were still clean, according to Kristoff. He walked to the dining room to check if anyone was already waiting for breakfast. He opened the door and found an empty room. The table was already set for breakfast, so Kristoff sat down with his hands in his hair. His thoughts flew by as he stared at his empty plate, until someone opened the door. Kristoff looked up at the doorway. It was Anna. They awkwardly stared at each other.

"Eh, hi." Kristoff said.

"Hi." Anna answered as she sat down in front of him. Kristoff wanted to chat with her, but he didn't know how to do that without making her angry. The sun shined through the window, landing its light on Anna's face. Her eyes sparkled, and her freckles became clearer, just like in Kristoff's dream from the past night. The only difference was the kind of sparkle in her eyes. Kristoff could tell it was the little mirror piece reflecting the sunlight. But he didn't care that it was the curse. She looked beautiful, like always, so he ignored the stupid sparkle. Anna sighed after five minutes of awkward silence.