Chapter Thirty-Four ~ She's Back

Elsa and Kristoff looked at Anna with widened eyes, after she had told them what the last thing was she remembered. 

So it was Hans that I saw running that night. . . Kristoff thought.

"Wow, okay, well, the good thing is that you don't remember anything from the past week, when you were cursed." Kristoff said.

"Past week?! I was cursed for a week?!" Anna yelled.

"Almost a week. But yeah." Elsa corrected, and looked angrily at Kristoff, who returned her death glare with a quirky smile.

"But, I mean, what did this curse do to me?" Anna asked, with a worried expression.

"It's really complicated to explain, but the biggest thing of all was that you turned everything in your head to something bad. So, if we said we loved you, you thought we said we hated you." Kristoff explained.

"Did I say bad things back?" Anna asked. Kristoff nodded. "Oh, I'm so sorry. . ." Anna said, and looked down, as she started fiddling with her fingers. She wanted to fiddle with her wedding ring, but the minute she touched her ring finger from her left hand, she realized it was gone. She gasped and looked up. "Where's my wedding ring?" She asked, looking at Kristoff with widened eyes filled with terror. 

Elsa chuckled and leaped herself off the floor, "I'm going to leave this part to you." She said and touched Kristoff's shoulder. She bent over the bed and hugged Anna. "I'm so glad you're back." She said, and Anna smiled as she hugged her sister back. Elsa walked out of the room, and told the others Anna was okay.

"So, where's my wedding ring? Did I lose it? I'm so sorry Kristoff I didn't mean to. . ."

"It's right here." Kristoff said as he stood up from the floor, and fished her ring out of the pocket in his shirt. Anna gasped and stared at it. Kristoff sat down on the bed, next to her, and smiled.

"B-But, why do you have it? Why is it not on my finger?" Anna asked. Kristoff's smile disappeared, and he sighed. He didn't really want to tell her the truth, but he couldn't lie to her either.

"We, eh, we had a fight, sort of, and then you gave it to me." Kristoff said slowly, as he was staring at the ring placed in his hand. He felt a hand on his cheek, and looked up.

"Kristoff, I'm so sorry, you know that whatever I said wasn't true, right? You know I love you." Anna said, as she and Kristoff were looking each other right in the eyes. She was smiling softly, making Kristoff smile too. He had missed that smile way too much.

"I know, it was just the curse." He said, and looked back at the ring, as Anna's hand left his cheek. He took a deep breath and sighed. 

He turned back to Anna, holding the ring up, "May I?" He asked, with another smile on his face. Anna blushed and held her left hand out, for him to put the ring on. He slowly put the gold ring with the orange stone on her finger, and looked at her. They slowly got closer and closer to each other, until their lips finally touched. Kristoff placed his right hand on her cheek, and his left hand around her waist, to keep her close to him. Gosh, how he had missed this. It felt like the kiss lasted forever, something Kristoff hoped it would, but it didn't. 

Anna slowly pulled away from him, and frowned, looking at the ground. Kristoff was frowning, too, since he didn't understand what she was thinking about.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worried about the answer.

"I remember something else. Something that happened after what I told you before." Anna said, and looked at Kristoff. "I kissed you in the stables once, and then cried and told you to help me, right?" Kristoff's eyes widened. He thought back to that moment and nodded.