Fourteen

This is the story of my first fact:

I had just turned fourteen, and I knew that it was the day I found out one fact about my soulmate. We got 48 facts before we could finally find them, one a month. Which meant four long, dreary years, waiting to know.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Theoooo, happy birthday to you!"
I blew out my candles with such force, one of them fell over. I was awaiting the package from Senator Schuyler, with my first fact. You got one on your fourteenth birthday (with the first fact) and then on your eighteenth birthday (with their name.)

We ate cake and watched the mail, waiting for the first fact. My friend Janis already got hers, and it was that "He already knows you."
I wished that mine was someone I knew, but at the same time not, because I loved surprises.

And finally, the package came.

I tore the wrapping paper open to a small tablet. Once a month a new fact would appear. I registered mine, putting in my name, age, birthday, address, and interests. The tablet would assign me to a person who I would live my life with.

The screen loaded for a second, then popped up with this:

YOUR SOULMATE LIVES IN NEW YORK CITY.

My eyes widened and I smiled. The fact that he lived in the same state as me was just magical.

Months passed as I got more and more facts:

HE LOVES CHOCOLATE

HE IS VERY KIND, BUT COMES OFF TOUGH.

HE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU.

HE LIKES A GIRL HE JUST MET.

HE HAS BROWN HAIR.

HE IS RELATED TO SOMEONE QUITE FAMOUS.

HE KNOWS THAT YOU LIKE PUPPIES. SO DOES HE!

HE IS ONE YEAR OLDER THAN YOU.

HIS BIRTHDAY IS SOON.

HE LOVES TO DEBATE AND HOPES TO BE IN POLITICS ONE DAY.

HE THINKS ABOUT YOU A LOT.

HE LOVES TO READ.

HE GOES TO YOUR SCHOOL.

HE IS IN HIS JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL.

HE PLAYS FOOTBALL.

HE IS TALL.

The days until my eighteenth birthday were counting down, and time seemed to slow down. 

Hi, I'm Theodosia Burr. And up until now, I pictured someone waaaaay different then he actually was...

..

AAAAAAAAH OMG i am so so so so so so so so so so sorry I haven't updated my Hamiliza story in awhile! But i've been watching YT and just got some ideas for a story!!! Please leave suggestions for this story in the comments, and even some for Hamiliza because I've got serious writer's block :p

Love y'all!!!

-Dia