Chapter Thirteen-Multiple POVS

Adira's POV:

I let myself be found out! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! No one, not even Hop, knew of this information. Sure, it wasn't the whole truth, but it was most of it. After cheating on my mother, Giovanni, the bastard, started to find the fun from me. Mercilessly abusing me. I was experimented on by serums, which has led to me being able to speak to pokemon, have an unmastered and unmatched strategic mind, become an expert thief, basically, I evolved, as he called it, from a useless normal girl to a powerhouse. HIS powerhouse. The serums were what gave me the violet streaks in my hair, are what haunt me almost every night, because I know that there is no way I will ever be free. 

If he ever found out he had another daughter, he would do the same thing to her. Marie is blissfully ignorant of the truth, and I plan on keeping it that way. The truth about our broken family would wreck her. I can't let that happen. I can't let what happened to my childhood happen to hers. Not now, and not ever. 

Gladion's POV:

Last night's endeavors keep finding their way into my head. Today we stay at the camp site, researching deep into logs to see if we can find any clues while Marie and Lillie go berry hunting for ingredients and trading with the locals for supplies. Looking over, I see Umbreon running away from a gray fuzzy pokemon I am unaware of. I look over to Adira. "I thought you claimed the camp had a forcefield to keep wild pokemon away?" 

"It does."

"Then why is there a wild pokemon in here?"

"What?" Adira looks up, sees the gray pokemon, and crosses her arms. "SNOW!" The gray fuzzy pokemon looks up sheepishly. 

"Cin?"

"Snow, what are you doing out of your poke ball and chasing the poor Umbreon?" 

"Cinccino! Cin! Cin! Cinccino!" I get a closer look at the fuzzy pokemon. It is very small, with large ears, brown eyes, and what look like white scarves all around its neck. I look back at Adira, who is rolling her eyes. 

"You punk. They are alliances, not enemies. Please treat them as such." 

"Cin! Cinccino!" 

"Thank you." Wait...

"You can understand each other?" The gray pokemon seemed to smirk and used its scarf like fur to swing up to Adira's shoulder. Adira turned to her pokemon to scratch its forehead, making it purr a little in content. 

"Yes. I can communicate with pokemon." 

"But how?" 

"I can't tell you."