CHILDHOOD FRIEND

The sky suddenly turns dark and rain started to fall heavily.

After leaving the school's gym, Tetsuya was on his way back home.

" Well, I guess I don't have to tell them about that anymore "

The scene that happened just a moment ago keep playing inside his head.

Tetsuya stops and stared at the ground. He suddenly felt something wet going down his cheek.

" Huh? What's.. this ? I'm.. crying ? "

Tetsuya fell to his knee and cried so hard.

He felt hurt and betrayed by those he trusted the most.

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out to him.

Midorima : Tetsuya? What's wrong?

Tetsuya turns his head and saw Midorima, his former teammate from middle school.

Tetsuya : Shin-kun...

MIDORIMA'S POV

I was on my way home when I saw a familiar teal blue crouching on the side road .

" Tetsuya? What is he doing in this heavy rain "

As I called out his name, I was shocked to see him crying. It's been so long since I last saw him cry so hard.

When I asked him what happened, he kept crying while clinging on to my shirt. So I invited him over to my house.

Midorima : I've called my parents and told them that you're coming over. They asked for you to stay over for dinner.

Tetsuya : Thank you, Shin-kun. It's been a while since I went over to your house.

I sighed and pat his head.

Me and Tetsuya have been friends since kindergarten. He's like a little brother to me.

Nobody knew that we are childhood friends, not even the GOM.

But Tetsuya stops calling me 'Shin-kun' ever since he shut his emotions so hearing him calls me that again makes me a little relief.

Midorima's Residence

Midorima : Tadaima.

Shun : Okairi !

I heard my dad, welcoming us from the kitchen.

Eiko : Oh my! Why are you all wet, Tet-chan?? You should take a bath first. I'll prepare some towels and clothes for you!

Tetsuya : Ah.. It's fine, Eiko-san.

Midorima : My mum's right, Tetsuya. We don't want you to get sick later.

Tetsuya just smiled weakly and walks towards the bathroom.

END OF POV

After dinner, Eiko (Midorima's mother) told Tetsuya to stay the night as it's already dark outside.

So Midorima and Tetsuya are currently hanging out in Midorima's room.

Tetsuya : It's been so long since I last visited your house, Shin-kun. Your room still looks the same.

Midorima : I think it was since early middle school? We suddenly drifted apart huh.

Tetsuya went quite. A feeling of guilt surrounded him.

Midorima : It's okay, Tetsuya. I'm also at fault because I didn't confronted you about it and acted as if we're strangers.

They talked a lot that night, reminding each other about their past memories together.

Tetsuya really felt at ease after talking to Midorima, forgetting about the event that had just happened.

Midorima wanted to ask Tetsuya about it but he didn't want to see his friend being sad and depressed.

So he just leave it be and waited for Tetsuya until he is ready to tell it himself.

To be continued..