EPILOGUE

Francesco sipped on the virgin cocktails that his wife had chosen for this occasion. It was essentially disspaointment in a glass, but he was understanding of the reasonings.

And honestly, anything she wanted she would get. Even if that happened to be disgusting drinks that were basically juice with herbs in it.

He watched her from across the catherdral. In her arms had been their daughter. She was only eight months old, but she looked more like her mother than anything.

Their baby, Mia, looked around the room with a curiosity. It was only coincidence that she found her fathers eyes, giving him a cheerful grin, drool dripping from her cheek. When he grinned back, she kicked her feet, drawing her mother's attention who followed Mia's gaze to Francesco.

Equally as rewarding, Eleanor smiled in his direction before continuing whatever conversation she was having with Giselle.

Francesco felt a clap on his shoulder, causing him to stumble momentarily. He frowned turning to Enzo.

"I thought you couldn't make it." Francesco said. Though he had a frown on his face, he was happy to see his long time friend here at his daughters Christening.

Enzo shrugged, "I moved some things around, plus Eleanor nearly tore me a new one."

Enzo was right, Eleanor was kind and docile until it came to Mia. To not attend her christening would be like spitting on the DeLuca name. It was probably why so many people had been there today.

"It's better safe than sorry with her." Francesco agreed.

Enzo took a sip of the drink in his hand before spitting it back into the cup as though it were poison.

"What the fuck is this?" Enzo cursed.

"We are in a church." Francesco said when Enzo's words turned a few heads.

"Is this juice with..." Enzo looked into the cup, "Mint?"

"It is underwraps for now, but Eleanor is pregnant again. She wanted a dry Christening." Francesco murmured to Enzo.

Enzo grinned, "You fertile bastards!"

Enzo clapped Francesco on the shoulders, nearly knocking him off of his balance. Francesco shared his excitement for a moment. He was over the moon when Eleanor had told him they were expecting again. He had really wanted a son, and sibilings for Mia.

He watched as Enzo pulled a flask from his suit jacket and poured the contents into his cup before offering Francesco a pour. He looked to the distracted Eleanor before nodding his head watching Enzo pour a generous amount into his cup.

They clinked their glasses together before taking a sip. The liquid burned, but it was a welcomed feeling. Just as francesco finished his glass, they were approached by a familiar face.

They both frowned.

"Luca."

Luca smiled, he was dressed for the occassian, wearing all white as Eleanor had requested. Even then, he was still an unwelcomed presence.

"Francesco, Enzo," Luca greeted, "Congradulations."

"I am sure you didn't come all the way out here to say congratulations."

"Yeah, I thought I told you to get out of my country." Francesco said.

"Even after saving your life?"

"The doctor saved my life." Francesco corrected.

Luca sighed, "That isn't the reason why I am here."

Francesco and Enzo watched with tension as Luca reached inside his coat and pulled out a folder.

"I am here because I had to give up my old on Paolo's old territory. It is no use to me when I live in Vegas." Luca said as he handed Francesco the folder, "When I was here I found some shit Paolo had on you and out of all of it, I thought you would want to know this."

Francesco took the folder skeptically.

"Again, congratulations." Luca said before walking away.

"Well, what is it?" Enzo asked, leaning over Francesco's shoulder as he opened it.

Francesco's eyebrows furrowed as he read the papers. Even Enzo gasped at the words on the white sheets of paper.

"I have a sister?"

"In New York." Enzo finished, taking the papers from Francesco's hand and re-reading the paperwork.

"Holy fuck," Enzo said as he read the same thing Francesco had moments before. Paperwork declaring that Francesco had a sister fathered by his own father, living in the United States.

What would Paolo gain from this? And if he had known, was she even safe? Francesco's eyes found his distracted siblings with a frown on his face.

There was another one of them out there and that hadn't even noticed.

"What are you going to do?" Enzo asked.

"Me?" Francesco asked, "You."

"Me?"

"Si, you live in New York and so does she. I can't leave Eleanor now and I certainly won't tell Giselle or Giuseppe until I have an answer." Francesco said quickly.

"What am I supposed to do? I am not a babysitter."

"No, but you are loyal to this family. You owe us Enzo, and I have never asked you to repay that favor." Francesco reasoned.

"You don't have to ask." Enzo said after a reluctant pause. Francesco was thankful that reason had finally sunk into his friend's head.

"Thank you, Enzo." Francesco said.

"Ask me to be a godfather, then you have another child. I am sure you expect me to say yes to that one too, no?" Enzo grumbled, "Now I have to babysit the ugly half-sister." He walked off grumbling.

Despite his friend's reservations, Francesco was relieved to know the only person he could trust outside of his bloodline would be there to protect a sibling he never knew about.

Walking towards his wife, he shoved all thoughts of the news to the back of his mind, determined to enjoy the sense of normalcy he had felt that day.

Enzo would have to handle the burden of the rest.

Enzo's Story Continues in Vidal...