Chapter 2- Diagon Alley

Everyone arrived at the Leaky Cauldron. They unpacked themselves and unloaded their things from the Ministry cars. The two families stuffed themselves through the doorway to the pub and found their separate rooms. Aruna and Luna were sharing a room while Xenophilius had his own. Aruna placed her trunk on her bed, along with her owl, Alaska, and looked at herself in the mirror.

     She looked at her white-blonde hair and started combing through it with her fingers. "You're fighting a losing battle there, deary" The mirror spoke in a rather wheezy voice. Aruna jumped a little, not expecting the mirror to talk, let alone have a mind of its own. "I've been living with magic for 17 years, I ought not to be surprised by anything anymore" Aruna thought to herself.

     She decided on a low ponytail; her hair really wasn't that easy to tame.

     Aruna walked downstairs where she saw Ron already visiting with Harry and Hermione. "Hey guys, I missed you!" She called to Ron's best friends and gathered them into a group hug.

     For the rest of the day, everyone just relaxed and caught up with each other.

~Time skip~

     "Get up everyone! Breakfast then we're off to Diagon Alley!" Molly had spent her first 30 minutes awake opening the doors of the Weasley and Lovegood rooms yelling the same thing into each one.

     Aruna was the first awake out of her and Luna. She got out of bed, stumbled into the bathroom still half asleep, and started working on brushing out her unruly hair. This time though, the mirror didn't talk to her. She brushed her hair as best as she could and went to her trunk to find an outfit for today. She decided on a cream colored sweater tucked into black straight leg pants. She added some gold jewelry and headed down for breakfast with Luna.

     "Alright everyone, we'll be splitting up. Who's going where?" Everyone was sitting around a large table at the Leaky Cauldron while Arthur and Molly were attempting to come up with a game plan for their trip to Diagon Alley.

     "Can I go with Fred?" Aruna asked while pouring a cup of coffee for herself.

     "Well, if I go with you, George would have to go with someone else. How about Ginny?" Fred suggested, also pouring coffee next to Aruna.

     "But I wanna go with Luna!" Ginny complained to the table.

     Everyone started arguing about who wants to go with who. It was getting loud and everyone's words were mixing together. Aruna was yelling, not trying to argue, but trying to shut everyone up. "Everyone! Shut the bloody hell up!" She yelled over the table. Everyone slowly started to calm down and stop talking . "Sorry for the language but you guys were being so loud" Aruna sat back down in her chair to, hopefully, calmly figure everything out.

~Another time skip~

     Things were figured out, everyone knew where to go and who to go with. The Weasleys and Lovegoods were just arriving at Diagon Alley. It was packed, people were running around, shopping for whatever they needed.

     Aruna and Fred's job was to get ink and quills for everyone. They took their time on their way to Scribbulus Writing Implements, joking as they walked. Fred thought it would be funny if they got Percy a quill that changed everything he writes into gibberish, Aruna had to convince him not to.

     They walked into the shop, still laughing from a joke Fred had made earlier. They got the supplies they needed, walked out of the store, when Aruna bumped into Mallory, one of Aruna's best friends at Hogwarts.

     "Mallory, hey! What's up?" Aruna asked, holding a paper bag full of quills and ink.

     "Aruna, oh my god! I haven't seen you since last school year. I've just been visiting mum most of the summer at St. Mungos, but other than that I've just been practicing quidditch and reading up on spells. What've you been doing? Seems like you have a boyfriend" Mallory looked over at Fred then back at Aruna smirking teasingly.

     Aruna went wide-eyed and laughed, "Fred is not my boyfriend! We're just close friends, nothing more. Anyways, I've read a lot of books, spent time with Luna, hung out with the Weasleys, stuff like that"

     "Sounds like fun," Mallory smiled and her name was called from across the street, "coming dad! Sorry Aruna, I gotta go, see you at Hogwarts though!" Mallory jogged over to her father, waving towards the two people she just walked away from.

     Fred and Aruna wandered around for a little before heading back to the Leaky Cauldron. They were the first ones back so they decided to chill out in Fred's room. They played exploding snap and gobstones for a bit when George walked in with textbooks stacked in his arms.

     Aruna left the twins to deal with their own things and went back into her and Luna's room. When she walked in, Luna was sitting at a desk, painting a thestral onto a grey shirt. She looked focused so Aruna decided not to distract her.

     She plopped onto her bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about how this year will be her final year at Hogwarts. "Dang," she thought, "I want to make this year memorable, I can't just sit in my dorm and study the whole time. I need to do something big, but not too big. A few parties couldn't hurt, right?"

     Aruna was never much of a "fun" person, she would normally just stay in her dorm when there was a party in the common room. Her roommates would bring men and women back to their dorm and Aruna would have to imprison herself in her small four-poster bed until they were done with whatever they were doing.

     Aruna ended up falling asleep shortly after her contemplation about 7th year and awoke to Luna in her face, telling her it was time for dinner.

     "I'm not really hungry tonight Luna, I think I'm just gonna pack my trunk and head to bed. Can you tell everyone that I'm sorry?"

     Luna agreed and left to eat with everyone else.

     Aruna got out of bed, started folding and packing things into her trunk, laid back down, and fell asleep for the rest of the night.