The Unrecognised bit

Losing someone close to you is hard. Everyone knows that, not everyone understands that.

You won't be able to understand the gap it creates, how problems they would have solved are unable to be fixed. It forces you into the paradox of trying to solve them despite know that once you do, that's one less thing you couldn't do without them.

But it needs to be done.

Because they are no longer here to fix it and the thing that needs fixing doesn't care who does it, only that it is done. And it needs to be done.
Where logic challenges emotion.
That's what grief is. That's what religion is.

Losing someone close to you is hard. It changes you.

I didn't chose for it to happen. But it did, and as much as I wish, I am never going to see them again.
It changed me. It is up to me to ensure that I fix what needs to be fixed.

Because doing something they usually would have done hurts. But it needs to be done.
My tears will serve as compromise to this paradox.
I will fix what needs to be fixed, and I will cry while doing it.
Because I lost someone close to me, and I will not crush under the weight of change.

I will rise.

Does anyone even read these? It feels like years ago that I was writing them and I have changed so much. Everything is different. I am finding myself and that is good.
One day (if you haven't already) you will too. I promise.