28. Sweet tea

I slowly opened my eyes in the morning

The first thing I thought was what a good night of sleep that was.

The second thing was... how the fuck did we get into this position.

I could have been falling on the floor any minute now. Taehyung had trapped me against the edge of the bed. I peeked behind him and saw all the room that was left on the other side.

Gently, I tried to get up, but his strong arms did not let me go. Instead, he pressed himself deeper against me and groaned.

"Just a few more minutes," I heard his husky voice say in my neck.

He released a long sigh and breathed against my hair.

"OK, but give us more space," I chuckled, trying to turn without falling.

He sniffed, glancing behind his shoulder. He moved his body to the center of the bed and already started to pull me back in his embrace.

"Sorry," he croaked, his eyes still closed.

He got one of his legs around me and pulled me even closer to him.

If I was not fully awake before, I was completely now. It felt so intimate to be like that with him. His arms around my waist, his lips against the top of my head, his legs intertwined with mine...

"What?" he asked, finally opening his eyes, looking down at my face between his arms.

Did he notice? I raised my eyes to meet his and instantly felt so shy. His face was so close.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked again, with an intrigued smile.

His slight fingers came to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I could feel the red coming to my cheeks.

"Are you blushing?"

He smiled and his morning puffy cheeks got even cuter.

"Come on," he chuckled, his eyes forming a beautiful almond shape. "It's not the first time we cuddle."

I frowned and tilted my head to him.

"It's not?" I repeated, confused.

His smile faded away in a split second.

"The first night I came here," he uttered. "You fell asleep in my arms."

True. But I could not remember this first night together. The fever had completely wiped out most of my memories of the week. And now, it felt so different. So intimate.

"I don't remember it," I admitted with a shy smile.

Taehyung pinched his lips and looked away from me as if he was thinking about something.

"Fine," he finally said, pouting his lips and turning around.

He completely let go of me and showed me his back. He even shifted to the other side of the bed.