chapter 13

alcohol use | drug use | mentions of rape

dream let out a deep breath as they opened the door to the party, the air was hot and smelled like sweat and alcohol. he tightened his grip on georges hand and looked down at him. "lets stay together this time, okay? have you ever done this before?"

"no, but ive seen it in movies." george looked up at dream, his jawline sharpening as he lifted his head.

"okay, well basically, youre friends force you to have a drink then they get wasted and forget about you the rest of the night." dream kept talking as alex walked up to them with a red plastic cup in his hand.

"hey guys, glad yall could make it."

"yeah." dream said, and figured george wanted him to let go of his hand, so he untwined their fingers.

"sorry, but who are you?" alex turned to george.

"george."

alex looked up at dream, and his tone was excited. "its george."

"yes, its george." dream said awkwardly. "lets not bring up what we talked about."

"i wanna know." george watched dreams lips as he spoke.

pretty. i get to kiss him, wow.

"no, you dont."

"tell him. right now."

dream grabbed georges wrist and pulled him through the living area into the kitchen, dodging the sweaty drunks and stoners that were crowding up the house. "why are they all so involved with our personal life? goddamn."

"i dont know." george inspected his wrist when dream let go. "you held me so hard."

"sorry." dream grabbed two beers from the cooler and handed one to george.

"youre a bartender but chose to drink a beer." george leaned his ass on the counter, almost sitting on it but still wasnt quite tall enough.

"yeah, im not at work right now." dream saw a bottle opener on the counter and grabbed it, popped open his beer, then did georges. he set the bottle opener down and took a sip.

"so much for not wanting to drink." george just stared at his beer, contemplating every decision he made that lead up to him going to a party.

"yeah well, fuck that." dream took another sip and set his beer down, then grabbed georges hips and pushed his body on georges.

"dream?"

"baby, no one heres even going to remember this." dreams eyes were bloodshot, and george guessed his were too since the world was moving in slow motion. "wait here, ill be right back."

"okay." george watched dream leave, rolled his eyes and took his first sip of the night, reminding himself of the sour taste.

huh, this isnt half bad.

"hey." roses voice made george jump.

"oh hey."

"you jump every single time i talk to you."

"sorry, im just- yeah."

"george, are you high?" rose got close to georges face and inspected his eyes.

"mhm." george took a large swig out of his bottle and noticed rose wasnt drinking anything. "what are you doing here?"

"partying."

"youre not even drinking." george was kind of annoyed with rose, only because he didnt like social interactions with females.

"so? i can party sober."