Chapter 1-New Day

It's almost 4am, Monday morning, and I just got the shit beaten out of me. School starts at 9am so I have leave home at 8 o'clock to make sure I'm there on time since I have to walk, so I would need to get ready from around 7 maybe earlier to treat my wounds. I must have been thinking about this for a while because its 4:30 now. I'm not just gonna sleep for just 2 and half hours so I might as well just get ready now.

God Fucking Damn It! I feel like absolute shit. The Old Hag was feeling extra...giving today. Kept going on about working extra shifts just to keep me in school but maybe if she took a fucking minute and stopped spending all our money on alcohol, drugs and gambling, we wouldn't be in a tight financial spot. I'm practically already paying the bails anyway.

My thoughts were interrupted by me gracefully falling out of bed and high-fiving the floor with already bruised face. "Ow. Fucking hell, stupid ass floor." I mumble to myself as I slowly (and I mean slowly) get up. If I were louder, I would wake Her up and I don't think I can deal with much pain more right now.

I stumble into the bathroom as the smell of cheap alcohol clouds my senses. If you were to walk into my house, you would only be able to see an ocean of alcohol and broken beer bottles as well as blood, MY blood scattered across the floor. What's is that this is all from today and I still have to clean it up while having to try not to vomit and cry while doing it. I really should start getting ready if I want to clean this up and be at school on time.

I'm looking in the bathroom mirror and Jesus Christ. I don't think that I can remember the last time she fucked up my face this bad, on a school day! I have glass stuck in the side of my head with dry blood sitting on my ash blond hair. My lip is busted and have light grazes and scratches most likely from the glass being hurled around my house. But all of these wounds are only on my face, I haven't dared to look down yet, still mentally preparing myself for the sight. "Fuck" I sigh out. It's bad.

I have blue and purple bruises littering my body from my childhood baseball-bat that I was once proud of. The same pattern of cuts and scrapes covering my pale skin. My left leg has a piece of glass stuck particularly deep in my skin and my arms and thighs have their same old bandages. "Better get to work."

I place a cloth in my mouth to help mute my screams and luckily, it works, although the blood-curdling scream I let out while pulling the shards out of my leg was still able to be heard, thankfully, the bitch was too drunk to hear it. Can't be too careful though.

It's now about 5am, I just finished showering and all my injuries have been treated, not well but treated none the less. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen to start cleaning the glass, blood and bottles to prevent The Hag from lashing out again. She currently sitting on the couch, passed out. Thank God for that.

...

Cleaning took a little longer this morning because of how drained I was but I still managed to finish none-the-less. I need to change and out on some make-up before I leave. Jesus, I'm tired. Fuck, it's 7, I really need to get ready. I quickly throw on my school uniform and out make-up on my face to cover up my bruises to the best of my ability, grab and bag and bolt out the door.

I should be at school on time since I left home earlier than normal which is good, I can't stand getting lectured by the human cocoon today. I don't have the energy for that, whether it be from lack of sleep, not eating for weeks or the shit-show that took place in my house this morning. I just can't. But school can't be so bad especially compared to my 'home' life, right?

A/N: Hiii, I'm not sure if people are actually gonna read this story but if they do, I hope you enjoy reading it as much I enjoy writing it. I would love constructive criticism if you would like to give it but I REALLY hope you stick around. I'm a multi-shipper but I think kiribaku would be good for this story with some dadzawa and erasuremic too. I would love to hear your opinions but that is the general direction I'm heading for.

XOXO

~Author-Chan 

737 words