Chapter Five

I'm finally out of he- I mean school. I hail a taxi and go to the rink. If my parents knew how much I did this, I would be dead, or I might as well be. Finally, I make it to the rink after fighting through the city's traffic. As much as I hate Paul, the rink will always be my safe haven. It's not even my second home, it's my first home. I'm there more anyway. But then again, I tend to avoid my home for a reason.

I walk into the rink and I feel all excited again. I feel like I'm five years old again and I'm walking in this rink for the first time. The cold blend of the bad cleaner they use and slight scent of hockey sweat makes me feel alive again. As much as I hate Paul, I can't live without skating. I feel different than I do when I'm at school or when I have a lesson with Paul, it feels like I have something to live for. I would give up anything just to skate.

I walk by the administration office just to see if the killjoy is here and to my surprise he isn't. I feel the smile on my face grow wider as I practically run down to the locker room. I change out of the school uniform and put on some Lululemon pants and a tee shirt from last years nationals. I know I'm acting like an immature 12 year old who's in freeskate one and is having their very first private lesson, but honestly I don't care. I tie my skates and get on ice. I feel free.
Some people say that skating is flying, but it's more than that. Skating is better than flying ever could be. I am free on the ice. All alone. No problems. Nothing matters except skating. Skating is the only thing that makes sense anyway.
I step onto the ice and I skate. The feeling is better than flying. My jumps are better than they've ever been and I feel free. Sure I fall on a few, but that's a part of the sport and it doesn't matter because no one's going to criticize my every move. I'm not afraid to fall right now. I run through my long program one last time, I won't be using it this season because of stupid pairs, but I still love everything about it anyway. This music just feels right. Somehow I end up having a clean program and I hear clapping from one end of the rink.

*~a/n~*
Sorry this is really short and the update took forever but I've been really busy with skating and school right now. In the future I'll try to be better at updating.
Anyway so who do you think was clapping at the end of Alexa's program? What do you guys think of the story so far? Please comment below and criticism is always welcome
Qotc
What's been your favorite piece of music that you've skated to/ danced to/ had for your floor routine etc?