in my book

NOT MY FANART: credits go to the wonderful 'upthehillart' on instagram and tumblr, go check them out!
( to some who are confused why Ginny is older than she is in the books, I made her only a few months younger than Ron, don't test the logistics of it :P )

HARRY POV:
__________________________

"Why the hell are you here, Ginny?" I shouted, frustrated and scared, the reality of our situation finally dawning on me, though I wasn't really angry, just scared. We'd been fighting for at least half an hour - we haven't gotten anywhere, both of us too stubborn to admit our faults. I was just feeling so frustrated and scared - I wasn't thinking straight.

"Don't you take that tone with me, Harry Potter." She threatened, raising her fist at me, since she can't use her wand yet. I raised my hands up, backing up slightly. I've only been on the end of her fist once, and that was an accident since she was aiming for Ron, and it left a mark on my jaw for weeks.

"You're right, I'm sorry," Harry sighed, "But, you have to admit it was stupid to come at all! You could die! Me and Hermione almost did practically a week ago! " I shouted, desperate for her to see my point.

She yelled back at me, angry tears threatening the corners of her eyes.
"Harry, I'm almost of age. I came to help - I had too!" Clenching her fists, "You're always trying to save the world, and too afraid to let anyone else try! You're a brave man Harry, but sometimes you can be such a cowa-

She stopped dead in her tracks, trying to not take notice of what she was about to say, hoping I didn't either. Taking a deep breath, I tried to ignore it too.

Ron and Hermione were both on watch, leaving us alone in the tent, much to Hermione's objection, because after the initial anger and erm - curses she threw at him when he returned, it was still a hostile environment when the two were alone. Still, I forced them both to go outside, wanting to talk to Ginny.

"Ginny, I left to keep you and your family safe. If I'd stayed, it would've endangered you!" I said, a little hysterically, because I was already losing this argument. "And now that you've come, and if you die, it'll be my fault. He's going to target you now!"

"I was already endangered Harry! This is a war, you know this!" She shouted, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration, turning away from me. I ignore this piece of reason, mostly because I want something to back up my worries, though I know I'm not winning this fight. "Anyways, I'm Ron's little sister, part of the biggest blood-traitor family in Britain and everyone knows you're my boyfriend! I've been a target from the start."

" I - I just... I cant lose you too! Ginny, if he gets to you..." I can't finish my sentence, and I collapse into a chair, my hands in my hair. I feel ashamed, as though I failed in protecting her, even though I know I don't have to, she's way stronger than she looks. Her eyes softened, but her arms were still crossed, a frown on her face. Even when she's angry, she's still pretty, and I notice every time.

"Harry... I get where you're coming from, but I can hold my own! I'm strong, and you have to focus on keeping yourself alive."

"And what? Leave you and Hermione and Ron as my pawns?" I cry, already losing the passion I once felt, sinking further into the chair. My fuse has been short ever since she arrived and I tried my best to not let it get to Ginny, but I had the locket today and it always made my mood worse and less patient.

"You know I didn't mean it like that," Ginny frowned at me reproachfully, and sat down in the chair with me, half on my lap. It was crazy how easily we could be yelling at each other, up to our limits and then come down from it and talk rationally almost immediately. Leaning her head on my shoulder, she crossed her arms, and grumpy look on her face. We weren't done, but we had significantly calmed down. Out of habit, I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her closer.