Chapter Thirteen

Changkyun sang O Holy Night, my favorite Christmas carol. I was still in shock an hour and a half later when the concert ended. They'd sang half the songs from their album plus some Korean Christmas songs.

His voice had reverberated through my body. The song was a perfect choice for him. The other members complemented his deep voice on the chorus. Kihyun's high note gave me chills. Even in Christmas songs, Monsta X gave it their all. It was an unbelievable night.

I still sat in my seat when Monsta X exited the stage. I stared at where they'd disappeared down a set of stairs to the backstage area. I wondered if I should join them. I thought I should. We still had to say good night.

Not that I wanted the night to end yet. It was barely nine. I wasn't ready to say good night yet.

But I would if I had to. I knew the night had to end at some point. The concert would be a good ending to an unbelievable day.

April nudged me then giggled when I blinked and finally looked at her. I wondered how long I'd been staring at the stage. She leaned a little closer and pointed towards the edge of the stage.

"I think someone's trying to get your attention," she told me. I looked where she pointed. Hyungwon and Minhyuk both waved at me, motioning for me to join them. I chuckled, my cheeks warm, and stood from my seat.

"Have fun," April told me. I left the blanket with her, telling her to take it home with her, and said it was nice meeting her before I walked off.

"You gave away our blanket," Minhyuk said, pouting. I turned to go back to retrieve it and both he and Hyungwon grabbed my arms to stop me.

"I was just kidding. We have others," Minhyuk added, grinning.

"Okay." I glanced between the two of them. "So, now what?"

"Christmas lights."

Minhyuk said it like it was the most logical answer. I blinked and stared at him. We were in New York, at Rockefeller Center in front of one of the most famous trees in the States.

"What Christmas lights?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I think she's still in shock from Kyunnie singing that song," Hyungwon commented. Heat burst across my cheeks and I lowered my gaze. Both men chuckled.

"I'm not in shock," I feebly argued.

"Are you hungry?" Hyungwon asked. "We were going to get food before seeing the lights."

"I can't believe you're going to see Christmas lights."

"We are going. You too."

"Food?" Minhyuk asked me, repeating Hyungwon's question. I nodded.

"I could eat," I told him and smiled. Jooheon and Kihyun joined us.

"Are we ready to go?" Jooheon asked, rubbing his hands together. "It's cold out here." He looked at me. "Aren't you cold?"

I shook my head. "Should I be?"

Minhyuk leaned over to Jooheon and loudly whispered, "she's still in shock from Kyun's song."

"I'm not in shock," I exclaimed, cheeks warmer than my entire body. Minhyuk giggled.

"In shock about what?" Changkyun asked, joining us. Minhyuk, Hyungwon, and Jooheon fell into fits of laughter, leaning against each other. Changkyun looked at Kihyun, who shrugged, then at me. I tried to pretend I had no idea what was so funny, but couldn't keep my face straight—especially when Changkyun raised an eyebrow in that way that weakened my knees. I pulled in a breath, locking my knees.

"They think I'm in shock because you sang my favorite Christmas carol," I told the maknae. "I wouldn't really call it shock. Awe is more like it. You sang beautifully."

Changkyun grinned and thanked me.

"You didn't say it's your favorite Christmas song," Minhyuk accused. I grinned at him.

"You didn't ask."

The others laughed.

Hyungwon, Wonho, and Shownu joined us and the eight of us went to the minibus that had taken us around all day. Kihyun claimed the front passenger seat this time. Hyungwon, Wonho, and Shownu sat in the very back seat and Minhyuk and Jooheon sat behind me and Changkyun.

"Maybe we should go see the lights first," Changkyun spoke up, eyes on his phone. "Apparently they're only on for a couple more hours."

Everyone agreed. Changkyun looked up from his phone, eyes landing on me. I tried not to squirm. His close proximity was already doing things to me.

"Is that okay?" he asked.

I nodded and smiled. "It's fine. I'm not starving yet."

"I am. We should stop for takeout," Minhyuk loudly declared. I grinned at Changkyun, who returned my smile.

The guys found a place to stop and everyone ordered food but me. My stomach was a little queasy as I watched everyone dig into their food once we were on the road again. Apparently it would take another forty-five minutes to get to Dyker Heights to see the lights. I sat back in my seat, trying to calm my stomach. Changkyun lowered his takeout container to his lap as he watched me, a frown on his lips.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I don't do well with food in moving vehicles," I admitted.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I'll be fine if I don't eat anything. It's okay. You guys should eat. You haven't eaten very much all day and we've been active all day."

To my utter surprise, he put away the rest of his food. My eyes widened as I watched him.

"You didn't have to do that. You should eat," I argued. He shook his head.

"I'll eat later."

"Changkyun."

"I know you mean well. Monbebes are always telling us to eat more. It's sweet. But I'm not going to contribute to you not feeling well while we're traveling. We're probably going to stop somewhere on the way back to the hotel anyway."

"How long is this day going to last?" I had not expected the trip to see the lights in Dyker Heights or to stop anywhere after.

Changkyun smirked, eyes alight with mirth. "Getting tired of us already? Should we have left you at the hotel?" he teased.

I shook my head. "Of course not. I just wasn't expecting all of this. We've already done so much today. I expected it all to be over after the concert."

"But Christmas isn't over yet." He glanced at his phone. "We still have two hours and twenty-three minutes left."

"Changkyun wasn't ready to say good night," Jooheon spoke up behind us. I twisted to look at him. Beside him, Minhyuk nodded as he chewed and swallowed his food.

"And who are we to stand in the way of true love, especially on Christmas," Minhyuk teased. Jooheon laughed and Changkyun exclaimed, punching Minhyuk's arm over the back of the seat. I just stared, unable to process the teasing, especially after Minhyuk's earlier questioning. Minhyuk and Jooheon leaned against each other, laughing too hard to sit upright.

I tore my gaze from them and looked at the maknae. He was alreadywatching me. He gave me a really cute lopsided grin that melted my heart alittle more. I wanted to lean into him but wasn't sure how I would bereceived—nor did I want to endure more teasing from the two behind us. Instead,I shifted my hand closer to his on the seat between us. My pinky finger brushedhis. His grin widened as he wrapped his pinky finger around mine. I smiled as Isettled into my seat, my heart pounding and stomach a jumbled mess for reasonsthat had nothing to do with anyone eating in the bus.