四 ༄ COCOA

┌───────────┐
暖かい
└───────────┘

┌───────────┐暖かい└───────────┘

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter Four
COCOA

꧁꧂

STAGE TWO

The feeling of warmth embraced him.

There, curled up next to his side, was the sleeping form of his lover and fiancée, (L/N) (Y/N).

His light blue eyes scanned over her figure in the darkness, and his facial expression drooped to a worried frown.

Even in deep slumber, his lover looked downright exhausted due to her growing sickness. There was no doubt he was concerned for her wellbeing, but he also despaired over the fact that nothing was working to help her.

It had just recently started getting worse out of nowhere.

She seemed mostly fine as the sickness seemed sporadic and light, but now, it was a lot more harsh and much more frequent.

Following his own instincts, he pulled her closer to his own body, hoping to shelter her with his everlasting warmth and love for her—and he also heavily wished he could give her the same warmth she let him feel just for loving him the way she did.

His movements seemed to be a mistake however, as (Y/N) suddenly shifted in her sleep, small mumbles escaping her tired lips.

He inwardly cursed at himself as he watched her slowly wake up, her eyes gradually opening to see him right next to her.

"Hakuji?" she called out to him quietly.

"Go back to sleep, my love," he hushed her gently, doing his best to persuade her to fall back to slumber. If anything, he did not want her to overwork herself, and he wanted her to get as much rest as possible so that her sickness would go away.

Too sleepy to reply or make another move, she instead complied and closed her eyes.

(Y/N) snuggled closer to him, resting her face in the crook of his neck. Hakuji allowed her to, and wrapped his arms tighter around her waist. It felt more protective this way, and he liked it, for he internally swore he would do anything to protect her.

"I love you," she mumbled to him, before going back to sleep.

Hakuji stayed silent at her confession of adoration, but she unconditionally knew he reciprocated her feelings. He did not need to say anything at all as she feel asleep to the sound of his breaths and his heartbeat.