五 ༄ SUGAR

┌───────────┐
暖かい
└───────────┘

┌───────────┐暖かい└───────────┘

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter Five
SUGAR

꧁꧂

STAGE ONE

"(Y/N)-san, are you alright?"

(L/N) (Y/N), the girl he was taking care of, and the girl he had come to love, was suffering from a coughing fit in her room.

He was quick to her side—in fact, he was always quick when rushing to help her with anything she needed.

Hakuji kneeled by her futon, one of his hands immediately finding its way to her back in attempts to soothe her coughs.

"I'm fine, Hakuji-san," she laughed almost nervously, waving him off as if she was okay. "It's just a small cough, nothing more."

He almost scoffed at her words, for he knew this was more than just a mere cough. It was starting to happen a bit more often now, and if he was being honest, it was beginning to scare him.

"Still," he insisted, adjusting the blanket around her smaller figure. "I'm worried about you."

From the corner of his eyes, Hakuji swore that (Y/N) smiled at that statement. He found himself feeling flustered as he guided her to lay back down.

She suddenly pleaded to him, "Please stay with me."

"Of course," he swore, not a drop of hesitation staining his voice. His light blue eyes stared down into (E/C) as he promised, "I'll stay with you forever, because I want to."

She joked, "Are those wedding vows?"

As she lightly giggled at him, Hakuji immediately froze and halted his movements in embarrassment. His shyness at her claim made him want to deny her accusation, but at the same time, it was also indubitably true.

They weren't exactly wedding vows, but he did want to marry her.

"I wouldn't mind if they were, you know," she suddenly informed almost casually.

Well, way too casually for him, at least.

"Are you saying you want them to be wedding vows?" he immediately asked her. In the back of his mind, he clearly preferred one answer to that question over the other option.