Running a Country

The parade really was magnificent as always when the king was making an official visit to one of the provinces, he would travel with his escort surrounded by splendour making a show out of his arrival. They were currently inside the royal carriage surrounded by the royal guard on their horses and other court officials. With a sigh, his Majesty turned leaned back closing his eyes. "I really liked this city more when I wasn't someone important."

Consorts Suradet and Panuwat could only laugh at his words as they exchanged a short look. "Your Majesty please do your best today. We will need to make an impression especially with how the current situation is." Consort Suradet reminded the king while carefully looking out the window drawing back the curtains a little. "We nearly arrived." He added. "Well then let's put on a smile and act like we are just here for some chitchat and not to overthrow the power balance." Consort Panuwat said making the other two laugh.

The door was opened by one of the royal guards and first Consorts Suradet and Panuwat stepped outside quickly making place for the king to step out of the carriage and on to the flower path laid out for him. Different to their normal appearance today Consorts Suradet and Panuwat were showing themselves in a more obedient manner. Walking a few steps behind his Majesty with their heads down they were quietly following along as his Majesty walked down the flower-covered path towards the main governmental building in town.

Today his Majesty was showing himself from his best aristocratic side. With a straight posture and intelligence in his eyes, he had a thin smile on his lips which didn't look exactly real but also wasn't unpleasant. He was wearing red robes inlaid with gold and silver depictions of a dragon winding around a lotus flower. This was the royal insignia. In front of the governmental building was a small group of governmental worker and officials all falling over themselves to be the first to greet the king and all trying their best to make a good impression.

One of those men was finally the first to step forward to greet his Majesty in deep respect. Looking at the person the first thing coming to mind was ordinary. There was nothing about him you would remember his face could be any face in the crowd and he even looked a little droopy. This was the current governor of this town. "Your Majesty welcome to our humble little town. We really appreciate the visit." He was clumsily trying his best to look dignified and at the same time humble.

Consort Suradet could hear Consort Panuwat trying to hide his laughed next to him and gave him a stern look. "We are most delighted to visit this beautiful town." His Majesty answered. After exchanging a few more pleasantries the governor chose one of his officials to escort them to the villa they would be staying during the official visit.

"Now I get why most of the individual powers in town want to turn the governor into their puppet rather than replacing him altogether." Consort Panuwat said with a laugh. They were currently alone in the main room of the town villa they were staying at during the visit. "Don't say that. I had someone look into his background and he is capable it's just his outer appearance that makes him seem incompetent." Consort Suradet spoke up in favour of the governor.

Consort Panuwat shrugged his shoulders. "We still need to implement a way to ensure our power over the soon to be city. Or else we will lose an important power base." His Majesty just nodded. "I still think the best way doing that is by adding a trusted governmental advisor to the current government. After everything we found out about the power struggle and about the current governor, I don't think any big changes are necessary as long as the governor has someone to lean on and trust there shouldn't be trouble." Consort Suradet gave a quick analysis of the situation.

"Even if we change the government or implement some great scheme to turn the governor into some puppet leader it would be a lot of effort and I don't think the result would be much different." He continued looking at the other two to see what they thought of that idea. "That would probably the quickest and easiest solution to our problem and with an advisor in place we can easily smuggle in a spy to keep the situation under check." His Majesty nod looking a little unhappy. "I agree quick and easy." Consort Panuwat nodded with the same unhappy expression.