Chapter 21

As I finished the song I could see tears in their eyes but from the smiles on their faces, it was happy tears. They all rushed forward as I set the guitar down and pulled me into a group hug.

"Well I didn't mean to make you cry," I say after we pulled away standing in a small circle.

"I guess we're all the emotional ones," Reggie states with a goofy smile making us laugh.

After that Julie came home and we began practicing again, only it was strange since she wouldn't even look at Reggie, only singing to Alex, Luke and I. This made poor Reggie sad, thinking he did something wrong. But I was going to get to the bottom of this.

When we finished, Julie ran into the house to get ready and I followed her since I was already ready. Plus it's also expected of me to greet the guests since I lived here now and was apart of the band.

I knocked on her door and said that it was just me. She let me in a few minutes later, dressed in a pretty outfit adorned with butterflies which was beautiful.

"What was with you at practice?" I asked placing myself down on the edge of her bed as she let out a massive sigh.

"At school today I had my dance performance. As you know my partner was Nick and I have a huge crush on him. However as we were dancing, all I could think about was Reggie. Nothing can happen between us because he's a ghost," she explains looking down at her feet.

"You can't really help who you fall for Julie. Take Luke and I for example, he's a ghost and I talk to the dead. It's an interesting pairing but it still means something to us," I say trying to reasurre her that it was alright to feel those things for Reggie.

"Yeah but for you it's different, you can actually hug him, do couple things with him," she says sadly.

"Well I wouldn't call us a couple, but you can still have feelings for Reggie. I can see the way he looks at you, and how sad he was at practice when you ignored him," I explained getting up and leaving, letting her get ready.

Made my way outside to see people were arriving, surrounded around the entrance to the garage. Front and center of everyone way Flynn, ready to support us. I said hi to a few people and  even had this guy wink at me. Which was strange since I had no idea who he was. But I could see Luke glaring at the guy through the window which made me giggle.

I said hi to Flynn who wished me luck before entering the garage. The guys were getting ready to ghost into the performance. We shared some smiles before I opened the doors, grabbing a tambourine for this one and standing in front of my mic.

Not long after Julie came out and thanked everyone for being here before beginning the song.

(Julie)
Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us

The guys came in after that verse and began playing. Julie got up from the piano grabbing her mic, once again ignoring Reggie as if our talk never happened. Luke and I shared a worried look before it was my verse.

(Me)
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

Julie sang back up for me, doing everything she could to not look at Reggie, which made him sad as he sang the course with us.

(All)
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

As Julie sang to Alex who was also confused at how she was acting. I gave Reggie a smile and walked over to sing with him at his mic, it made him feel better which made me smile.

(Luke)
We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no

After singing with Reggie I made my way over to Luke so that we could sing our part. Julie still hadn't looked at Reggie.

(Luke and I)
Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way

(Julie)
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

We were still sharing confused looks but tried to play it off. The audience didn't seem to notice but did gasp as Luke walked through Julie, going back to play with Alex then Reggie before making his way back to the mic.

(All)
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) Great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of...

(Me)
Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are no compromise

(The guys)
Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive
Ooh-oh

(Julie)
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of great

As Julie went to sing her part she got up on the piano, singing out to the crowd. Reggie made his move by adding a little guitar rift, making his way over to her. She finally looked at him as she sang, making him smile before walking back to the mic.

(All)
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) On the edge of great
(Great, on the edge of great) On the edge
'Cause we're standing on the edge of...

Everyone stopped playing and singing, except for Luke and I. Julie walked off while the guys disappeared. I sat down at the piano, singing the end of the song with Luke.

(Luke and I)
Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious

We gazed into each other's eyes and never looked away. When the song ended he faded away leaving me on the piano as everyone clapped. The guy who winked at me earlier looked jealous, also so did Nick when he saw Julie singing with Reggie.

With that we thanked everyone for coming and they all left. Julie went inside at have pizza with Flynn and her family. I ate earlier so I wasn't hungry.

I went back into the studio to see the guys all hanging out, but what happened next was shocking. All of a sudden they jerked around as if in an immense amount of pain. A blue orb flashed through them.

I gasped tears falling from my eyes as I rushed towards them "You're flickering!".........