RIGHTFUL

Ada Vizsla had always been taught to never use that name.

At four months of age, she'd been taken from her crib in her dimly lit house in the moon of Concordia, wrapped up in a warm blanket as her uncle Jakob took her and her older sister Mal away from the rest of their family. Pre Vizsla had learned nothing after being exiled to the moon, making a deal with a Sith in a desperate attempt to gain control of Mandalore. Even if his sister believed that to be best, Jakob wouldn't allow his nieces to grow up just outside the clutches of the dark side, and so he'd fled with the two girls, all the way to Ibaar.

Jakob never lied to Ada and Mal, telling them about their ancestors and their planet of origin, making them promise that they'd keep their family a secret. Ada enjoyed sitting near the warmth of the fire as her uncle spoke of tales from the days of the Old Republic, all the way to the Clone Wars. She enjoyed imagining what living in those times would have been like; not as Vizsla, but as a Mandalorian. Mal didn't have much of an interest in stories of wars long finished, but Ada was always there. Ada always listened.

The Empire fell, and the people of Ibaar rose up against the remains of its forces holed up in the base they had built in the mountains. However, the Imperial Commanding Officer had one last surprise for them, in the form of a deadly toxin that forced the civillians to leave their home in evacuation transports. Ada hadn't made it in time, and so she'd boarded the first starfighter she could find, punching in the coordinates for the rendezvous point they had arranged prior to the attack. Once there, Ada found no one.

She immediately blamed the Empire, assuming that there had been an ambush and that they had taken her people and, most importantly, Mal and her unborn child. Her next year was spent breaking into Imperial strongholds in various planets, searching for clues as to where her people had ended up.

When she tracked yet another stronghold in the planet of Nevarro, she wasn't expecting to find a fully armored Mandalorian and a strange looking green child. Ada would almost think the tide was beginning to turn, if she hadn't ended up stuck with the pair, after a crowd of raging bounty hunters blew up her ship.

CAST

CAITY LOTZ as ADA VIZSLA

JESSICA LUCAS as SHEELA SUMWITT

RAHUL KOHLI as SOVINN PORSOK

AND

ian mcshane was jakob saxon
adrianne palicki as mal vizsla
chai hansen as stagran reev
eve harlow as cara dune

DISCLAIMER & WARNINGS

I do not own The Mandalorian, or any characters, dialogues and plotlines you might recognize. I do own Ada Vizsla and the characters mentioned in the cast list above that you don't recognize from the show, as well as their backstories, subplots and any other aspects that aren't portrayed on the show.

This book will have strong language, death scenes, mentions of death, violence, blood, sexual references, and perhaps other mature themes. If you believe that any of these might trigger you, read at your own caution.

The amazing opening gif at the start of this chapter was made by the lovely dunbonnet

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I've been falling down a Star Wars pit for like three months and I've revamped and expanded the whole fic universe I started creating in 2015 and I'm really fucking excited about it.

This is being posted now because Ada's book is one that I have deeply developed and I figured it would be a good starting point for my Star Wars fics. Ada has gone through many faceclaims and many different plotlines, but I ended up settling on Caity for now, and also on the fact that she's just looking for her family all over the galaxy. The whole Mandalorian ancestry thing was only added when the second season of the show came out, and I did some research into them and just pretty much fell in love with them.

DEDICATIONS

To aylixrum and worIdsaway for listening to me talk about this plot and for supporting it!