00

They always say "good comes to those who wait", but they failed to mention all the blood, sweat, and tears you'd have to shed while waiting.

Over the waiting period you find yourself having to overcome things like relationships and life putting you on your ass.

As children we create all these fantasies about how amazing our adult life would be. Not really knowing what's really on the other side.

All of our dreams and aspirations seem to be right in front of us, waiting for us to reach out and grab them.

Then all of a sudden this big, strong, and mighty gust of wind comes and causes everything that once was at the tip of your fingers, is now so far away.

That mighty gust of wind is what we adults call life.

"Hey Rem, Mike out there looking for you, he claims he been around the whole building and still ain't seen you" my coworker Kara said before walking off, going back to what she was doing.

Kara seemed to be the only one here who actually liked me. Everyone else here always tried to find ways to get me fired.

Unlike them I actually came to work to what I was supposed to. I set our boss's standards even higher than they were already.

I have only worked here for two months, within that time I have gotten four raises, while they're still getting paid $10.50/hr.

After I finished signing the last document from the high stack of papers that were on my desk, I picked them up and made my way to Mike's office.

"I hope she fall with all them damn papers, always trying to show out and be the first one done" I heard Samara say to her friend that was leaning over her cubical, as they both stood there watching me.

Ignoring them I continued making my way to his office.

"Ian paying yo ass to think, I'm paying you to get shit done. Mike I'm tied if yo ass giving me the run around, get my shit done today or that's yo ass"

Hearing the angry man's voice caused me to stop in my tracks, I don't know what was going on, all I know is I wanted no parts of it.

"Listen Mr.Martin I'm trying my best to fulfill your request, but I'm having a little trouble-" Mike pleaded as his voice trembled in fear.

"Mike Ian tryna hear that shit, try harder. Everything was supposed to be ready two weeks ago. Get it done." The Martin guy told him before coming out and slamming the office door making me jump.

I got myself together and made my way to the office with my head down, trying to avoid making eye contact with the owner of that strong, deep, soul piercing voice.

"Pick ya head up ma, you to pretty to be looking down like that" the guy said lifting my head up by my chin.

"I- uhh- thank you sir" I replied as my body tensed up from his touch

"What's ya name?"

"Remiya"