Chapter Forty Nine: Hamieydat Al Hassan

If there's any error in this chapter, it's all on me, I rush-typed almost 1.5k words in an hour. Thank you for waiting for so long.

A month later;

"Where's she now?"

I put my phone to my ear and asked Iyamé as the phone placed against my ear rang, calling the other end. The call was not picked and I sighed, Baaba must be busy. So I put my phone down and bent down to fasten the black boots I had worn earlier.

"Call her and ask her to come out now. If she doesn't, I'll leave her. I hate to be late." Iyamé nodded and motioned for the maid cleaning the dining table to tell Falmata to hasten up.

Today is the premiere of the superhero movie I acted in some months ago and it's about to come out in the cinemas all over the world in four days. For me, I'm still in shock. I used to think my greatest achievement would be maybe a Cameo in a Hollywood movie set in Los Angeles and that would be all. But, a Hollywood set had come right to my doorstep here in Abuja and I'd acted in the lead role.

If I had to choose, if i had to guess, I would plan to have this happen to me in about five years. Now that it's happening to me, I'm beyond grateful, so much so that every time I remember this blessing, one part of a verse comes to mind; 'And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them'. I really will not be able to count them all.

"Ah Yaya." I raised my head from my personal bubble  and smiled when I comprehended what Falmata has on. She's coming as my date so she went all out. A pair of black jeans, tucked in turtle neck with a necklace hanging from her neck and a bright yellow overcoat. I looked over her and nodded very appreciatively.

"You look beautiful." She curtesied very deeply and I giggled. I got up, adjusted my own three quarter length suit and walked to the mirror to make sure no strand of my hair asides the ones I laid for my edges was showing. After confirming, we waved Iyamé bye and left the house.

Just as we reached the gate, my phone rang. I'd been waiting for call from Baaba for hours, continuously calling his number in my growing unease. But I seemed to feel better because I refreshed my Instagram after every call, nothing had come in from the news.

"Yaya, Baaba was injured. He's at the presidential villa hospital!" I would have screamed but my thoughts were jumbled. I shut my eyes, found in myself strength and courage to tell the driver to take a route to the presidential villa.

"Yaya. What is it?" Falmata who had been watching me asked. I put out my hands and she placed hers in them. I pulled her closer and into my arms and told her what Munir had just informed me. She began to cry, deep racking sobs that brought tears to my own eyes.

"He is going to be fine. I promise he is." She suddenly stopped crying and looked at me with her tear filled eyes. "Are you sure?" I nodded with a certainty I knew was backed up by a level of trust in Allah.

" I am very sure. Right now, let's say duas, let's not panic. Panicking will only give room for mistakes, for extra worry. Let's pray instead." She nodded and leaned back into my bosom. About forty minutes later, the car wound to a stop at a nondescript building in the presidential villa. The door slid open and we get down carefully, I'd taken off the boots I'd put on earlier since there's nothing like premiere for me tonight.

I looked around as I walked in. The hospital was nothing like I knew, or was everything like I knew, I just didn't know it could be done in such a manner. The outside was just a mass of red bricks but indoors was fitted with a state of the art technology that I hoped would be reciprocated all over the country.