Chapter 2

Ana's POV

"Anastasia, step forward"

My heart froze, but my body didn't. I walked forward and grabbed the gun that Madame B was holding out for me to take.

I turned to look at Alla, who at this point had caught on, for the first time I looked in her eyes and could see the hope wavering. Madame B called the trainers over and they grabbed her, she tried to wrestle them, she screamed and shouted. "I killed her. I killed her. I did what you asked".

But Madame B hissed at the girl who was now tied to a wooden chair, "but you hesitated" and looked at the girl as if she were scum. "When you're ready" she said turning to look at me. She'd often say that prior to executions, which I found odd, when is someone ever ready to kill another being? But I couldn't hesitate. I took a breathe and raised the gun. I was always a perfect shot. I just had the knack for it. My hands didn't shake. My breath didn't get quicker, this was all part of the programme. Alla knew the rules, she had many years worth of chances. I looked in her eyes, I could see the hope fighting in her eyes, trying to stay in front. Her eyes raised from the floor to look into mine, she had stopped shouting at this point. She wasn't shaking. She was fighting to believe this was a test of will. I turned once more to Madame B, who just nodded. I looked once again at the 15 year old in front of me. I took a breath, and pulled the trigger.

She slumped in her chair, the shot going straight between her eyes. I lowered the gun and handed it back to Madame B. I went over to check, lifted her head up, her eyes were still open, no hope in them now I thought to myself. And dropped her head back down. I looked again in Madame B's direction, and once again she nodded, then signalling for everyone to go indoors.

The rest of the day was the same, and finished with a final mission briefing to make sure I was prepared. I had memorised everything possible, done as much extra reading as I could. There's was nothing more to prepare. So I headed back to the dorm, laid down in my bed, and waited for Madame B to come round and handcuff us. I couldn't help but go over the mission, the nights before were normally filled with constant thoughts and plans. Making sure I had readied myself for every possible scenario. Soon enough Madame B grabbed my wrists and tied them to the rusty metal bed. I just lay there, going over everything, making sure I was ready.

———

The next morning Madame B unlocked me early and I headed to the gear room to kit up. Black tight trousers, and a black top. I picked up two guns and placed them in my holsters. I stashed knives everywhere possible, sleeves, boots, bra, pants, and lastly I went over to the back of the kit room, I looked at the sniper gun, not normally my weapon of choice, but the mission required I used it, so I picked it up and slung it over my shoulder. On this mission with me I had a whole strike team from HYDRA. They believed we were just heading to New York to just cause chaos, but the Red Room were using HYDRA, they wanted to draw out Black Widow and take her down.

Soon we were on the plane, a state of the art plane, gifted by HYDRA. It was a good alliance, they'd share weapons, and help bring down whole organisations. HYDRA was great as a STRIKE team, huge big wars and fights, the Red Room created amazing undercover agents. There were hundreds about, hidden around the globe, anyone could be next to one and not realise it, until their throat was slit. So together they were pretty strong. Both sides often used each other for personal gain, for instance today's battle, but neither side really minded.

I didn't get nervous, weak people get nervous, but there was a feeling in my stomach of unease. I was sitting in the back of the plane, my agents scattered around me, reading mission files, laughing and joking, or sitting in silence. And the two pilots were in the front.

I grabbed my gun from my thigh and started deconstructing it and constructing it again, over and over. Some of HYDRA agents watched  impressed at the speed in which I managed to do it. I tried not to smirk as I felt their eyes on me.

One guy walked up and sat next to me, a muscly looking bloke, brown hair, brown eyes, I looked him up and down. Probably around 19 maybe early 20s. Strong, evident by the amount of muscle mass. But probably not the brightest spark in the room. "Hey so what's a  girl like you doing on a mission like this" he said smirking and looking me up and down just like I'd done to him seconds before, but my guess his wasn't to take a profile of me, but rather to examine my body. HYDRA men often don't get exposed to many girls, and they often try their luck with Red Room girls, most had learned not to bother, as we could hold our own, and wouldn't think twice about killing them. But this guy was clearly new. I smirked at him, not bothering to reply.

"Oh come on baby, I'm just asking you what someone with such a pretty face is doing here" at the word baby you could see other HYDRA agents stiffen, knowing what's about to come, the 19 year old man tried to put his arm around me and smirk to the boys, but I had had enough. I grabbed his hand and spun it behind his back with one arm. The other arm holding a knife to his throat.

"Try anything like that again, and my pretty face will be the last one you ever see" I hissed in his ear. Before jerking his arm upwards behind his back to make sure I pulled a muscle and caused lasting damage so he'd not forget this lesson. He winced in pain, and when I let go, he walked to the other side of the plane holding his arm. I made sure it was his left, so he was still use on the field as he was right handed, he just stared at the ground for the rest of the flight. And I sat back down and went back to fiddling with my gun.

"We're 5 minutes from the drop point" the pilot said, and soon we were all putting our parachutes on, and then jumping out the plane. We landed in the dead of night, on a field in the outskirts of New York, a van was waiting, and we all loaded in and drove further into New York. There we pulled up and waited. Waited for the sun to rise and our mission to begin.

———

Soon enough the sun rose, and we all split up, I climbed onto one of the old looking abandoned houses with my sniper, and the other men scattered themselves around, "3...2...1" I spoke into comms. And straight away shots started firing. I watched it all unfold, 3 of the agents went into a local store and grabbed hostages, 2 agents stayed outside, shooting dead any passers by or any threats to the mission. The cops came first, but another agent shot grenades at the car before they had time to get out. We knew our attack had to be big in order to attract SHIELD. And this...was big. Sure enough, after we exploded 5 more cop cars. I could see black SUVS in the distance, hurtling towards us. Now I just had to be on the lookout for a redhead.

The black cars stopped blocks away, in order to avoid the grenade launcher. And I could see dozens of agents sneaking towards us.

Suddenly I heard someone climbing the fire escape that I had climbed, I froze for a second calculating my next move, I hid behind the door to downstairs which was on the other side. My gun in my hands. I heard footsteps on the roof. I watched as a man with a bow and arrow set up base on the food. Yards away from me. I knew him, he went by Hawkeye, his real name was Clint Barton. My feelings were mixed, he was more of a threat then any of those SHIELD agents down on the ground, but if he was on this mission, Natalia definitely was. Whilst he was focused on his arrows, I snuck up behind him and shot him in the leg, he grunted and collapsed to the floor, I quickly moved and tied him up and gagged him. For now I needed him alive, if this mission goes south I can use him as leverage to draw the redhead out. I looked at the bow and arrow and smirked, "really? Who are you Robin Hood?" I said dryly, he just glared at me and grunted through the rag in his mouth. I walked over to him and patted him down, took every weapon on his body, and also his comms, I took mine out and instead placed SHIELDS in. I could hear a worried voice over the comms telling Hawkeye to copy, this must be Natalia, I just looked back at the man on the ground. "Help is on its way by the sound of it Clint" I said sweetly.

I look over the ledge and could see the agents had taken out the two HYDRA men in front of the store, and the 3 in the store were totally surrounded. But I couldn't see Natalia anywhere. But then I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and was face to face with the red head.

*A/N

Okay the last chapters I was proud of...this chapter sucks, I'm so so sorry!!!*