Bathtime tremors

Vince Neil. Still Milwaukee, November 16th, 9:34 P.M.

Marilyn is actually talking to me now. I don't know what Nikki said to her, but I sure am glad that he said something. She even hugged me, and I tell ya, I nearly cried. It's still so hard to believe that I'm a dad. I wish Heidi had told me that she was pregnant before we broke up and she moved across the country.

Maybe Marilyn wouldn't have had to suffer so much pain. This kid really is traumatized. Maybe that's why she likes Nikki so much. Is there some kind of connection between abused kids before they even meet each other?

She really seems to like Tommy too, and tried to braid his hair today. She also tried to braid Mick, but he shut that down quickly. He's being less of an ass than usual though.

"VINCE!" Tommy shrieks, banging on my door.

I sigh and roll my eyes, walking over to the door and leaving Mari watching MTV. The door flings open and Tommy and Nikki are standing in the hallway with knives. I quickly shut the door after stepping into the hallway.

"What the fuck guys?" I ask. Normally I'm up for whatever dumb shit they want to do, but right now, I haven't slept in two days. I got a kid now, ain't nobody sleeping.

"We're gonna kill Todd." Tommy says in a deadly serious voice.

"Todd?" I ask, unsure of who Todd is.

"Heidis boyfriend. We think that Todd may have...may have-ermmmmm..." Tommy trails off.

"Raped Marilyn. It's not that hard to say." Nikki finishes.

"Well I can't even believe that some people would allow that to happen to their kids!" Tommy replies to him.

"Well guess what Tommy? Not all kids grow up in suburbia California with a mom and a dad and a good home life." Nikki snaps.

"Wait wait, go back, you think Mari was what?" I ask, in complete shock.

"Raped." Nikki says matter-of-factly.

My heart feels like someone froze it and then smashed it with a glass hammer. God who would do such a thing?! How could anybody allow this to happen?

"Jesus..." I breathe, running my hands through my thick hair.

"We just kind of pieced it together..." Tommy mumbles.

I nod, still in shock as I open the door back to the room. "Oh and Todd? Her moms boyfriend? She killed him when police arrived at the house after a neighbor saw her beating Mari. Then she killed her mom and held Marilyn hostage until police got to her." I say, voice trembling.

Tommy's mouth drops open and Nikkis eyes widen in shock. I get how they feel. It's awful. Imagine pointing a gun at your kid after you've mercilessly abused them for years and they're so malnourished that they can't fucking eat, and threatening to kill them.

Heidi was a sick bitch. Fucking awful. Guilt has been creeping up on me these last few days. I've been thinking somehow I could have saved Mari from all the shit she had to endure. I don't even know everything, but what I do know is awful.

"Hey I gotta go give her a bath." I say, walking back inside the room, and shutting the door once goodbyes have been said.

"Mari? You done throwing up yet? Feeling completely better?" I ask, checking the wastebasket beside me bed. Mari looks at me, turning from what she was completely engrossed in on MTV

"Yeah." She says quietly.

I smile slightly. We've been trying to get her to eat but she just throws it all up. I'm probably going to take her to a doctor when we fly to L.A. tomorrow.

"Is that you?" She asks suddenly, pointing to the TV. I look over and in fact it is. It's our music video Looks That Kill. I smile.

"Yeah thats me and your uncles. We're in a band, we're called Mötley Crüe."

"Mötley Crüe?" She asks, staring up at me.

I nod and tell her about the band, how we're rising to fame and how awesome our fans are and that she's gonna love em. Finally I have to turn back to the task at hand. "Are you sleepy?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"kiddo it's time for a bath then." I say gently, trying not to scare her.

Her eyes widen and she scoots to the other side of the bed. "Thats what Todd used to say..."