7: therefore i am

We are not the same with or without
Don't talk 'bout me like how you might know how I feel
Top of the world, but your world isn't real...

- billie eilish, therefore i am

"Okay, let's try it from the top..." Quinn spoke, reaching over to tap Julie's phone. She tapped it several times in several places on the touch screen, until finally, Julie pulled it back and flashed the lockscreen up at her.

"It's 5:15." Julie said, a slight chuckle to her voice.

"Where the hell is Alex?" She asked, flopping down in the chair next to Julie's keyboard, crossing one leg over the other.

Reggie reached over with his foot and nudged the toe of her boot with a smirk, "You scared him off."

Quinn rolled her eyes, letting out a huff right as Alex poofed back into the room.

"Where the hell have you been?" Quinn asked, standing up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh wow, no 'Hey, Alex'?" Alex feigned hurt.

"Oh, hey, Alex!" Reggie chimed in, causing Quinn to roll her eyes again.

"Where you been, man? We need to start practicing." Luke said softly, turning towards him.

"Yeah, for what?"

Julie was about to open her mouth when the door flew open and a small framed girl in a pink beanie came in loudly, "Dance news!"

Quinn quirked an eyebrow, and about that time, the girl walked right through her outstretched legs.

"I don't have a date, but..."

"Hey, watch it, Malibu Barbie."

"Stop..." Julie scolded.

"Stop what?" The other girl asked.

"Nothing," Julie covered, "What were you saying?"

"I don't have a date, but I don't care, because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform!" she smiled.

Quinn stood up and walked over and stood next to the girl, glancing down, noting their obvious height difference, primarily due to Quinn's platform boots. She glanced at her and then glanced at Julie, who gave her a warning look as Quinn reached up and acted as if she were considering snatching the beanie off of the other girl's head.

"Oh man, we're playing a dance?" Alex griped.

"You're about two hours late for rehearsal, three hours late on that news." Quinn said, turning towards the blonde.

"Of course, dude. That's how we get a following nowadays." Luke said, sitting down, nodding his head.

"Yeah, get with the program, Alex." Julie added.

"What?" The other girl spoke up, "The guys are here? Hey guys!"

"Other way, sweetie." She said, causing her to turn and wave in the correct direction.

"Actually...it's not just the guys." 

"Julie, are you crazy!"

"Quinn, it's fine, she's chill."