twelve

content warning : murder execution told in depth after the chapter break, as well as Daniel degrading Y/N by calling her names (slut and other insults along those lines). everything else before that is safe.

A couple hours and a rom-com later, Spencer gets a call on his work cell. Your ears perk up, straining to hear what's being said on the other end. You catch the name Daniel, and then your own a few seconds later. 

"We'll be right in, thanks Hotch." Spencer says, hanging up the phone and turning to you. "They have Daniel in custody, they want you to go into the room with Morgan to do the interview. So that means that movie day has to end."

You frown at the latter sentence but you're a little scared of being in the same room as Daniel, and Spencer takes note and rubs your back. 

"It'll be okay, we're gonna make you sure you come out fine," he soothes. You relax, before realising your both still in fuzzy pajama pants and are not dressed for work. 

"Damnit, we have to change." You frown, withdrawing yourself from Spencer's arms. He laughed - the same laugh that rang in your ears, in a good way. 

As you got dressed you couldn't help the thoughts buzzing through your mind. 

Am I falling for Spencer Reid?

Am I okay with the fact I'm falling for Spencer Reid? 

Do I tell him? 

God, no, he doesn't think of you like that. 

You felt sixteen again, wondering about boys. You shook your head, clearing your thoughts. You pulled on your black converse, lacing them over your mix-matched socks and quickly did your everyday work makeup. 

"Doc, you ready to go?" You called. He emerged from his room, hopping on one foot, trying to tug on his own converse. You stifled a laugh as he mumbled out something that sounded like "one sec," as he bumped his shoulder into the door. 

"Ah, fuck, that kinda hurt," he mumbled, finally getting his shoe on. He quickly tied it, then grabbed his keys and met you over by the door. You grinned from ear to ear.

"You okay there, Spence?" He nodded, grinning back. 

"Y/N, I've literally stabbed myself and been shot. I think I'll be fine," He laughed for the second time that day, and you hummed in satisfaction as he opened the door. He glanced back at you, then motioned for you to follow him. 

And so, hands brushing against each other on the stairs and down the hall, you headed to HQ. 

___________________________________________

You frowned, tugging at your blouse cuffs as you walked into the bullpen. 

"Where's Morgan? And Daniel?" 

"Morgan's already in there with Daniel, Y/N, he started the questioning. He wanted to see what he could get out of him before you got here. So far, nothing though." Emily answered you, frowning slightly. "Are you sure you want to go in there?"

You nodded, somewhat shakily. "I have to know if it was him, and we need a confession if it is."

Emily lead you to the interrogation room, and you knocked softly before entering. 

"Daniel." You stated, looking at the man in front of you in cuffs. He smirked. It was definitely the same guy from the bar that hit on you. You gulped, then glared at him. Morgan turned to you and gave a soft smile, then turned back to Daniel.

"Recognize the pretty girl?" Daniel shrugged. 

"Possibly so, what's it to you?" 

"Well, she's a federal agent, just like me. And I have a feeling you wanted to kill her!" Morgan was getting heated. You rested a hand on his bicep and he relaxed a bit under your touch. 

"Well, Mr. Federal Agent, I ain't sayin' shit to you, but I'll talk to Pretty Girl over here," Daniel cocked his head towards you and smirked. "So I suggest you leave if you want talking."

Morgan looked at you for permission and you gave a slight nod. "Go ahead, Derek, I got it." You whispered, leaning in towards his ear. He walked out, mumbling something about watching with the others through the glass. You decided to not remind Daniel about the fact everyone else on the team could hear him and see them through the one-sided window behind him. 

"So, you want a confession?"

You nodded. "I want to know what you did to that poor woman. She was innocent. She didn't deserve this."

"But you and that fucking twig of a man you left the bar with did," Daniel scoffed. 

"What did you do to her, Daniel?"

"I killed her. Obviously. She looked like you and that guy, who was definitely not your boyfriend. I would've gotten someone like him too, but I didn't want to risk my life like that." You rolled your eyes. "But then again," He continued. "I don't think Mr. Federal Agent was your real boyfriend anyways. Although, you're such a slut that you've probably slept with both of them." He shrugged and you tensed. 

He doesn't know you, Y/N, he's making assumptions about you. You're okay. Don't show he's bothering you.

"How'd you do it? How'd you kill her?"

He grinned. The fucker actually grinned. You fought the urge to wretch as he started speaking. 

"It was easy, really, to find a girl that looked like you. And if I had really felt like it, I could've found a guy that looked like Mr. Twig." His grin was wider now, if that was even possible. You shuddered for a second before regaining your composure. "But, alas, I just killed the dumbass that was stupid enough to follow my drunk ass out of the bar. In case it wasn't obvious, I wasn't drunk enough to be completely out of it and was able to remember my actions and everything the next day. I beat the shit outta the bitch, then strangled her to death for good measure, with her own belt. Then, I went back to your parking garage, waited until it was empty, and hung her up by the red Mini Cooper."

You paled; you drove a red Mini. He smirked at your shocked, paled state. 

"I see I, ahem, profiled, you correctly when it came to your car." He smiled wickedly. "Anyways, I never got her name, but she probably had an ID on her since we came from a bar, so it shouldn't have taken long for her to be identified. Was she?" 

"I'm not answering to you, Daniel." He hummed in response, unsatisfied.

"Why'd Mr. FBI pretend to be your boyfriend?"

"Because I was clearly uncomfortable by your advances." 

"Aha, so you do answer to me. It just depends on what I ask. And you could've told me no. I'm a gentleman." You scoffed. 

"I did tell you no, and you still persisted. So 'Mr. FBI' came over, trying to save me from getting roofied or raped. Clearly, I had worse things to worry about had I actually gone home with you like you wanted. Would you have killed me anyways? Is that what you wanted?"

"Perhaps, but it doesn't matter now. Jane Doe is dead, you're the bitch that's alive, and I'm going to rot in prison for the rest of my life, right?" You nodded. 

"Have fun in prison, Daniel." You glared, walking out of the room. 

"You did so well, Y/L/N. Good job." Hotch said, a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Time to lock Daniel up for a long time."

a/n : thank u to simpforsoup for being my first comment and vote ily so much, go check out their story it's actually so good !! next chapter is extremely fluffy.