Chapter 27: Party Arc Pt. 2

*Your POV*

"Woah... I didn't think there would be so many people here. There must be at least two-hundred." I said, anxiety beginning its course.

"Welp, that's Oikawa for you, Mr. Popular." Semi said.

All five of us made our way to the front entrance. The closer we came, the louder the music got.

Some people were outside talking, others smoking. I held my breath as I passed by them.

As soon as I walked through the door, it felt like I'd entered a club.

People's incoherent conversations were overpowered by the speakers that were playing low music with heavy bass. I could feel the vibrations pulsating through my brain.

Moving bodies were scattered throughout the rooms.

A couple was making out on the couch without shame. Some clutched various alcoholic beverages. A few brave people were busting moves near the center of what had been converted into a dance floor.

So it was going to be that type of party.

"Are the others here?" I asked.

"Not yet, but they will be in a bit." Semi replied.

"Okay, I'm going to explore."

"Please don't get lost. Do you have your phone with you? Is it fully charged?"

"Yes, dad. I'll be careful." I rolled my eyes.

I advanced from the foyer into whatever room it was connected to and so on.

If Ushijima's house was a mansion, Oikawa's was a castle. No matter how many corners I turned, there was always more to see.

I was thirsty, so I found my way back to a table of drinks.

I was going to reach for the punch, but after seeing too many cheesy high school movies, I decided not to risk being spiked and settled for a sealed water bottle instead.

"Oh my gosh! You're actually here!"

I turned to the voice that belonged to Terushima.

"And you look... wow."

He looked me up and down slowly like he was going to devour me right then and there.

"I told you I'd be."

"Right, right- I guess you just took me off guard with the way you're dressed. The clothes you had on earlier didn't do you justice."

"Thanks, but maybe you could try sounding less creepy next time."

"So there's going to be a next time, huh?" He smirked.

"Not if you keep this up."

"Sorry, I guess I am a bit forward, but it's only because I find you so attractive, you know?"

"I'm aware of the effect I have on men."

"Ooh! She's confident! I like that in a woman." He stated, his eyelids lowering easily.

"I'm going to make my rounds before you pull out a ring."

As I began to walk away, I heard him call, "I hate to see you leave, but I love to watch you go."

I barely acknowledged him with a slight tilt of my head.

I didn't know anyone here, so I was floating around anchorless. I wanted to meet people, but I had no idea how to go about doing it.

As if God himself had heard my thoughts, a girl complimented me.

"I love your dress!" She exclaimed.