Reunion

"You look so peaceful," A familiar voice spooked you a little.

    Anger started to rise inside, "Clay, why are you here?"

    "I'm taking you home," He responded.

    "Now you care? Now you show up? I'll find my own fucking way home. Go back to Orlando, you aren't wanted here." You snap.

    He was taken aback, "You are still mad?"

    "YoU aRe StIlL mAd," You said mockingly, "Yes you fucking himbo, you dumped me at at hospital at my absolute lowest!"

"WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?! WHAT I DID WASN'T ENOUGH!!" His emotions had taken over.

Now it was your turn to be shocked, he had gotten so emotional so fast.

    "You didn't look back when you left me there! You seemed done!" You exclaimed.

"Do you think for a second that I wanted to leave you here?! Do you know how hard it was for me when your arms hugged me trying to get me to stay?!" His eyes welled with tears,

"Do you?! Calling my name crying on the floor!? I didn't look back because I would have
scooped you up and ran you out those doors y/n!" Tears were running down his face.

"I stayed in the hotel next to this damn hospital for the past 2 weeks so I could check up on you! They didn't let me talk to you but I could watch! Every day I came for hours to see you laugh and cry in groups and during exercises!" He was flustered at this point.

"Who discovered you dying on the bathroom floor?!" Clay fell to his knees on the cold concrete.

"Clay I didn't know," You got a hold of your emotions and walked over to him, crouching down and hugging him.

"I missed you," Clay said, trying to hold back sobs.

"I know, I'm sorry, but I'm better now," You smiled as you backed away cupping his head in your hand.

    You wiped the tears from his face, "Let's go home you big oaf."

Your small hand interlocked with his as you both walked off to the car and went back to where it all started.

. . .

Pulling up to your old house, the memories flooded back. It was like finally receiving color back into a dull world. You had missed being home for so long, and you had also missed the person that made everything better. You almost slipped on ice stepping out as Clay opened your door, thank god his hand extended helping you out. The light snow covered your lawn in a sheet of white, snowflakes gently drifting to add to the mass around you.

"God snow is so pretty," You looked around, eyes lit up like a little kid.

"Not as pretty as you," Clay smiled.

Walking up to the house Clay stopped you before opening the door.

"Close your eyes," He whispered.

A tad worried, "I might trip!"

Clay briskly scooped you up, you could head the creak of the door as it opened. You felt the warmth on your skin as you entered the house, Clay continued walking.

"Ok look," Clay kissed your cheek.

Before your eyes had even opened, the scent of burning wood an evergreen hit your nose like the perfect symphony. Opening your eyes they were greeted by twinkling lights and other Christmas themed decor. The fireplace was on, lighting the room in a warm glow. There was a Christmas tree in the corner, carefully wrapped in string lights with little bobble ornaments. The garland on the mantle of the fireplace sparkled with fake snow, you stepped closer seeing a framed picture. It was the one of you sitting curled up in his lap from the day in the park. You were speechless, not saying a word for a few minutes taking in everything.

Turning around and running to Clay you embraced him, "Thank you, thank you for everything,"

He smiled down at you in response, "Happy Holidays y/n,"

Walking around the rest of the house was weird, almost foreign. It was completely cleaned now, no stains on the counter, floor were spotless, trash was taken out. Some of the blinds were open, leading out to the dusk that was now setting even though it was later afternoon. You walked around for a minute admiring Clays hard work to clean up for you. The bedroom was just as neat. The bed was made, sheets washed. The clothes that were on the floor were folded in stacks to be put away. You smiled, a warm feeling of appreciation coming over you.

Clay came behind you, "I hope its cleaned to your liking,"

"It's perfect, thank you. Say, have you let yourself get ANY sleep?" You were concerned.

Clay laughed, "Funny, no." He stated abruptly.

"I think it's time for you to take a nap," You turned to face him, placing a hand on his chest.

He yawned in response, letting his winter coat fall to the floor. He pulled off his plain shirt, you watched his back muscles move as it went over his head. Not even trying to resist, you went over and placed a hand on his back. It was smooth and covered in small brown freckles, you kissed it. Letting your hands slide around his waist, you ran fingers over his toned abdomen. In a swift movement, he twisted around, picking you up and tossing you onto the bed as if you weighed nothing. He flopped onto the bed beside you, using an arm to pull you right up next to him. In these careful moments, you could really feel the size difference of your bodies. It was astonishing. As if you were some cat with its owner, you snuggled up into the crook of his arm, falling into a deep sleep.