Chapter four

A few day after Christmas

Emmy's Pov

I woke up and got out of bed. I walked into the kitchen and got a drink of water. No one else was up yet so I decided to read a book until they did. I read for about half and hour and I suddenly hear the door bell ring. I stand up and go to the door. I open it and look around. No one was there. I look down and see a very large package. I pick it up and bring it inside. I look at who it is addressed to. 'ME!?' My mouth drops open in shock. I bring it into the living room and sit on the couch. I open the box and look inside. I see a letter and another box covered in wrapping paper and Styrofoam. I grab the letter. i open it carefully. 

Dear Emmy, 

Thank you for the lovely gift. I don't know what to say. Thank you for saying the things you did. My colleagues don't tell me that I am needed a lot of the time. Usually they just need me for movies or to hang out at a bunch of fancy parties. You have been one of the only people that has cared if I'm doing alright. I hope I'm not being weird or anything but I want to make a deal with you. I want to meet you and get to know you. That is all i want from you. Your end is that you get to come and stay at my house for a whole week in LA. Don't worry about travel expenses at all, I will have it all covered. If you say yes I will be here on the thirty first of December  at nine o'clock to pick you up. That means myself personally.  If not please do not respond back or text me no. I know a letter wont reach me in time for me to get your reply. So instead here is my number, (I don't actually know his number so please make one up.) I will be waiting for your answer. 

With love, 

(This is his signature if some of you are not sure. Most of you will get it though. Love all you Depp-heads!)

I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. Before I know it, I'm screaming and jumping in the air. Paige and mom both come out of there rooms with things in theirs hands. They looked like they were ready to attack someone. Paige had a binder full of missing school work and mom had a small baseball bat in her hand. "Emmy! What's happening? We thought you were being murdered!" Paige and mom somehow say at the same time. I looked at them with a smile on my face. "Guys, I'm fine. I'm better than fine. I got a response back from Johnny Depp though!" I start squealing. "What?!" They both scream and run towards me. I read to letter out loud and as soon as I am finished, my face hurts. "Emmy you have to go!" My sister screams in my ear. My mom just nods her head faster than I would think possible. "Ok! I'll text him and say I'm coming!" I instantly grab my phone and type in the number. 

Johnny's Pov

I wake up to my phone's ringtone going off. 'I swear if it's Alice trying to get me to sing this early in the morning, I'm gonna murder him.' I growl as i grab my phone. I look at the screen and see a random number. They sent a text message. 

'Hi Johnny! It's me Emmy! I just received your letter this morning and I accept your offer. I can't wait until then!'

I smile at the text. She said yes. She. Said. Yes. I jump out of bed and start typing. I am smiling uncontrollably.  

'Hi Emmy! I am so happy you accepted my invitation. I hope you liked your gift as well. Sorry it couldn't have been there on Christmas. Better late than never right? I will see you then. Bye.'

Emmy's Pov

Gift? What gift? I look in the box that I left by the couch. I see the box that's covered in Styrofoam. Oh yeah. I got so excited about the letter that I forgot about everything else. I grab the smaller box out and open it. I gasp in pure delight. Johnny Depp sent me THE Mad Hatter Hat. From when he was in Alice in Wonderland! 

 From when he was in Alice in Wonderland! 

I gently pick it up and examine it. It is exactly like in the movie. Why would he send me this? I start typing without thinking.

'Uh, Johnny, why would you send this to me? Me of all people!? I mean this must have been so important to you. This should be in a museum or something. I am great full for it, I really am I'm just confused. 🤷'

I wait a few seconds and he texts back. 'Tim said I could keep it if I wanted. I didn't really want it but i felt like I needed to keep it. And when your letter came, I felt like you were the right person to give it to. Do you not like it?'

Aw. He was so sweet and considerate. 'NO! Of course I like it. I love it. The mad hatter it my favorite character. Thank you. '

'Oh good. I was worried you weren't gonna like it. Glad you do though.'

This man is gonna be the death of me. 'Ok then, I will see you in a few days. Bye Johnny.'

'Bye Emmy.'

I immediately jump up and down and run to my room. I begin to pack all the necessities. You know like clothes, bathing suit, sketchbook, pencils, computer, toiletries, etc. (Imagine you can bring whatever. K?) I am going to meet Johnny Depp.