7

The warm sun beamed down from high up in the sky. Clay felt a bead of sweat roll down his forehead. He leaned against his car for and took a breath.

       He squinted and glanced at the sun. His sensitive skin was beginning to sunburn. A headache was beginning to appear as he closed his eyes.

       "Are you alright?" George asked from besides him.

       "Yea," Clay said with a wave of his hand. "Okay get in the car, I'm driving you home now."

       Clay slid into the car and put his hands on the wheel. His mind drifted back to the last time they were alone in the car together. Clay leaned back and looked over as George got into the car. George looked over and Clay me his dark brown gaze.

       Clay felt mesmerized as his eyes softly traced over George's face. Clay watched as a small smile creeped onto George's face as Clay continued to study him.

       "What?" George asked nervously before swallowing. "Is Crow driving with us as well?"

       "No," Clay answered simply. "She and Nick are volunteering for this place in a short amount of time. Also did Crow nearly crash the car when you guys were driving here?"

       George gave a soft laugh before shaking his head. "But she did mention wanting to crash the car." He admitted then smirked. "How charming of you to be giving me a ride home."

       "Anything for you darling," Clay winked and George rolled his eyes, his face slightly a shade of pink. Clay started the car as the two friends sat in comfortable silence. Clay decided to break the silence as the ride got quieter. "Did you sleep well?"

       "Yea, surprisingly well for a sleepover." George nodded, looking out his window. "But I was wondering about something, does Crow usually stay up late."

       "She does, normally she gets some sleep then she'll wake up early, I'm surprise she manages. Crow is always complaining about lack of sleep." Clay explained and George let out a low hum in response. "Why were you wondering?"

       "I just woke up around three or four and she was in the kitchen on her phone."

       "She was probably on twitter or reading fan fictions," Clay shrugged. Clay thought back to when George leaned against Crow as a pillow. "You seemed comfortable on the couch last night."

       "Are- are you jealous?" George was now grinning.

       "You're such an idiot."

       "You're avoiding the question Clay." George teased him. Clay rolled his eyes and sighed,

       "Yea I'm so jealous," Clay said, his voice dripping with heavy sarcasm. George gave an unamused expression before returning to look out the window. 

       The rest of the ride was quiet. The heat was driving Clay insane. His hands were sticky with sweat and his clothes also began to stick to his skin. At least he didn't burn in the sun like the vampires in movies.

       Clay finally turned on George's street. Both of their heads were buzzing with heavy flashbacks of last time they were here together. George fiddled with his hoodie's sleeve when the car stopped. George began to reach down to unbuckle his seat belt.

       "Don't cut yourself this time," Clay warned and George nodded absentmindedly.

       "I won't," George promised and his seat belt came off. "See? I'm all good."

       "Okay, okay." Clay mumbled, "No need to get all cute about it."

       "What?"

       "What."

       "I mean, I already know Clay, no need to tell me." George answered a bit smuggly.

       "I bet you do." Clay said, suddenly a burst of confidence urging him to push farther with meaningless flirts.

       George looked at him with pursed lips. Clay grinned smugly at him and George shook his head.

       "You truly are an idiot." George finally said.

       "I am," Clay murmured. George suddenly was aware of the energy in the car. It felt different, but not unwanted. Clay's eyes fluttered a bit and George watched as he glanced to his lips. George felt a blush paint itself on his cheeks.

       "You're blushing."

       "You're an idiot." George quickly said back.

       "So you've said." Clay nodded.

       "Are you hungry?" George suddenly blurted to change the subject. "You haven't all day and last night." The tension began to fade and George wasn't sure how he felt about it.

       "I'm not hungry." Clay insisted. "Plus, I have plenty of food at home."

       "Clay." George said, suddenly sounding sheepish. "Do you have an eating disorder?" Clay began to look a little nervous, and tried to look for the right words. George's eyes widened and he immediately felt guilty. "Wait, that sounded very personal, I'm sorry."

       "Don't be sorry." Clay smiled, "And I do not have an eating disorder. Although I do have a certain diet right now, but I normally eat a lot more."

       George looked relieved at the news. "Oh okay." He said quietly and looked at his hands.

       "Are your parents home?" Clay asked after a while.

       "No," George answered a little hesitantly. "They're still in England right now. They'll arrive in a few weeks. I came earlier than them because they didn't want me to miss school."

       "Sounds reasonable."

       "How did you and Crow meet?" George said, trying hard to change the subject. Clay noticed his attempt to get off the subject so Clay answered.

       "Our families have always been close." Clay said after a moment of thinking. "So I've basically have known her since she was born. Although her parents passed a little while ago."

       "Oh." George said, feeling like he knew something he shouldn't have. He glanced out his window and remembered he was already at his house. "Thanks for the ride Clay."

       "I'm always available to give you a ride Georgie." Clay winked and George shoved down a blush.

       George sighed, biting back a smile.

       "Thank you for driving me to my house." George rephased.

       "You're welcome, I'll see you at school on monday, stay safe."

       "I'm always safe." George said and got out of the car. "Yeah, see you monday."

       Clay waved and drove off and George smiled.