Part 15: Secretum meum mortiferum

(Fun fact: This was the name that I actually wanted to give the book. But, since I was too unsure if anyone wouod even like this name, I decided to go for a different idea, the "Fading Lights")

I gently entered the room and went to Hero, who was just flopped onto the bed, crying quietly.
What he had told us made me worry. Was his childhood really that bad? Did Notch never help him?
The second question is basically useless. We both know that he never did, and you just saw what had happened.
Is this world being controlled by someone else that just wants to watch us suffer?
(Fourth wall in pieces)
I sat down next to Hero, gently rubbing over his back. He sobbed quietly, staying where he was, hiding his face in his arms. I tried to calm him down, cuddling him softly. He didn't calm down that easily tho, very hurt. He soon got up and cuddled up to me, crying into my shoulder. I held him close, rubbing over his back softly. Hero sobbed quietly, clinging to me for dear life.
He didn't tell me what happened, and I didn't mind. If he didn't want to it's fully alright. I didn't want to force him to tell me. It is his privacy.
After a long time he passed out fully, way too exhausted to stay awake, tears staining his cheeks. I sighed softly and gently bedded him on the bed, wrapping the blanket around him. He snuggled into it, trying to get comfortable. I gently rubbed over his cheek, sighing quietly.
Someone gently knocked on the door, causing me to look up. "Yeah?", I asked quietly. Nightmare peaked his head into the room, having a plate with cookies with him. "Hey.", he whispered and came in. "Hi.", I whispered back.
He put the plate on the table and came over. "How is he?", he asked calmly. I sighed sadly and looked at Hero. "He's... Very sad. And he passed out a few minutes ago...", I mumbled, sad too.
I was worried about Hero. He seemed very despressed all of the sudden, so I was really worried.
I decided to ask Nightmare.
"Say... What did he mean with all of what he said?", I asked. Nightmare hesitated before sighing. "You know... Sometimes it's better not to know. Maybe he'll tell it to you by himself, but I definitely won't. I know what had happened, but not everything. So I don't want to mess it up and say something fully wrong. Besides... It's a very sensitive subject. He has to be ready to tell you by himself.", he explained. I sighed a bit, but nodded. "Alright. I guess that makes sense... But... Did he do something to you?"
He paused. "Well...", Nightmare then started, very hesitant. "He... You can't say that he's an angel around me. In fact, he's a frigging asshole. I can't tell how many times we tried to rip each other apart just because we were annoying the shit out of one another. Tho, even if he might be a fucker, he... Well, he has a heart. Even if he doesn't show it, he does have one for Hero. But, yes, he did something to me too.", he explained, fully calm. I frowned a bit. "May I ask what he did to you?", I asked.  He shrugged calmly. "Banning me to the void for being an insane asshole. Not gonna lie, I did deserve that. But due to how long I was there, I kinda lost all sense for coloration and eventually went colorblind. Since he doesn't know that it was kind of his fault, I pretend like I am colorblind since I was born.", he answered. "Seems like you're very good when it comes to lying.", I complimented. Even if it wasn't right, sometimes it's better to do so instead of telling the harmful truth.
He nodded a bit. "Even if I hate lying, at this point it was the best thing to do."
"So... What did you do before you got banned?", I asked. Nightmare shrugged a bit. "Killed a few people, burned cities down, pretty much everything that they say Hero did. First I thought it was good that they didn't believe or know it was me, but soon I found out that he got every punishment for my actions and felt bad. Soon Notch figured out who it was tho and threw me into the void." I nodded slowly, understanding. "Alright... But why did you do that tho?", I asked some more. "Eh, mainly boredom, my own insanity and the hate towards humanity after they burned me and my family down." I frowned and tilted my head, which he soon understood as me not getting anything. So he explained.
"Well, I was already hated and feared for being a demon many years ago. And due to that, my family was hated. They thought we all are demons. So, they locked us in at home and burned the house down while we were inside. We already had nearly nothing and then they took everything. I didn't survive, neither did my sister, Mum, Dad or my cat. So, I kinda started hating humanity for this and begun killing them for what they did. I didn't regret that tho, it felt good. Way better than you'd believe. Feeling the blood run through your fingers, dripping to the floor, where you know a new plant will grow... It's satisfying. I couldn't think of anything more morbid, but also more satisfying than that. Hero could tell you a million things, but I couldn't. I don't recommend going the same way as us tho. Even if it is satisfying, it all could lead to a very, very bad ending."
I understood and nodded. "And... What about Hero? You two seem to know each other well."
"He saved me from the total erasure. He pulled me out of the void and took the punishment that Notch gave him. So I kinda had to stay with him for a very long time to get healed up again.", he explained. I understood and thanked him. Nightmare smiled and nodded, getting up and leaving again.
This information might be very important later on...