20

Julian moved back into the clock tower as he watched his hostage slowly wake up from her vervain-induced nap. "Uhhhhh."

"Good evening Miss Lockwood." He spoke to her and she groaned,  "Julian." She replied.
"Your little friends have been looking for you all day, I was afraid they'd miss the show." He mocked as he bent down to her height.

"What show?"
"The one where I rip your heart out and force the brothers to watch." He spoke with a flat tone, the only emotion being malice behind his words.

"You're gonna kill me to prove to them how much you're hurting from them 'murdering' their mother?"
"Exactly." He replied.
"And you don't see the hypocrisy in that?" She asked and he gave her a dangerous look. "I'd shut your mouth I was you."

"That's what Lily said to me too, but look which one of us lasted longer." The girl mocked back, burning with rage that the man would dare hurt her for the brothers who never truly cared.

He gave a low growl before he slapped a hand across her face sharply then withdrew from her. He cheek stung with the force of his slap but she didn't care.

The grief-driven madman passed the small ledge inside the clock tower he waited for his audience to arrive. The Jones girl gave little more in way of words as she sat watching him with her hands tied behind her back.

"You're killing me when I'm tied up and defenceless?" She asked after a good few moments of silence. "Like my Lily- you don't get a way to defend yourself."

"The idiot staked herself to kill you- yet you're here seeking vengeance for her literal suicide?" She asked trying to grasp his deranged motives.

"She didn't deserve to die!" He screamed at her brandishing a stake in his hands that he pointed threateningly at her. "You're insane." She replied and he gave a scowl.

But before he could strike her again, a voice echoed from the street below. "Julian!" It was Damon Salvatore.

Nancy's heart gave a souring jolt of happiness and hope. He came for her.

"We got your message!"

Julian growled under his breath at hearing the voice of his ex-step-son. "The brothers Salvatore glad you could join us!" The man called down to the two brothers as he once again looked down out of the open clock face of the tower.

There on the street stood Damon and Stefan, surrounded by a woman and three men who the older vampire didn't recognise. "Give Nancy back!" Stefan yelled and Damon gave a groan of disagreement. "Or keep her, we could care less." He called up.

His brother shot him an enflamed glance but the older of the two shrugged him off. "You're not proving anything Julian!" Damon yelled up to the vampire.

"Actually I think I am, you see- dear Nancy here is to you what your mother was to me......A life line." The man spoke slowly as he grabbed Nancy by her hair and hoisted her into their view, holding the stake to her neck as extra incentive to the brothers to do something stupid.

"I thought there'd be more of the daring rescue from you boys!"
"Yes we'll we're fresh out of those we're afraid." Stefan spoke.

"Let her go and you can do whatever you want to us.....you want to send a message- kill someone I actually care about- my brother." Damon yelled up pointing at Stefan.

Nancy's heart sank. He was right- he didn't care about her. She suddenly flopped in Julian's hold, no longer struggling. She had given in.

The man just gave a sharp and deadly chuckle. "You really think reverse psychology is going to help you here boy? I know you care for her, I've seen it."

"Seen what? Their constant bickering? Their failure to get along? Their distain for one another's every action?" Stefan sarcastically listed. "She means more to you then you both know- so when I kill her, and you watch- you can see and feel exactly what I went through when your mother died trying to kill me for you."

"Because you're a raving lunatic! And so was she!" Damon yelled and at that final insult to his dead mother, Julian held Nancy by the throat and ripped his hand into her chest.

(In this story in both OUAT and TVD when you rip out their heart the person doesn't just die.)

Meanwhile, Bonnie and Enzo- along with Emma- snuck up into the tower and began their way up. Enzo held the sword out in front of him the silver of the blade and ruby of the Phoenix stone shimmered in the dying being sun that shot through the slats on the tower walls.

Bonnie ready her magic while Emma prepared for a fight with one of her father's old swords.

Hook, David and Robin were stood outside with Regina all looking on in horror as the deranged vampire held his hostage now by her throat and the two brothers both looked even more alarmed.

Damon's careless façade had fallen the minute he lay a hand on Nancy and in that moment he regretted ever being remotely unkind to the girl. He loved her and now she may never find out.

Bonnie and Enzo continued their way up- Emma stopping to assess their height and shoot a quick reply to a text from Henry.

The little boy had been sent back to stay with Mary Margaret in the hospital room with a blind fold on as belle guided him through the hospital massacre.

Bonnie was the first to step up behind Julian as he rebates down to the people below. Then as he ripped his hand back from Nancy's chest her glowing red heart with only a few speckles of darkness came with it.

She gasped out in pain as she watched the man with careful eyes, his face beside hers turning into a sickly grin. "Her beating heart. In my hand." The man glared nastily at the brothers as he taunted them.

Throwing Nancy down to the floor behind them. She gave a weak stagger to stand only for him to change his mind and grab her again, this time tossing her out of the tower itself and onto the cold concrete below. She gave a shuddered breath as she landed and her father and Damon rushed to her but when she saw who was helping her up as she slowly healed- she shoved the elder brother away. "Don't touch me." she snapped.

"Say good bye to your love Damon." The man yelled before he began to constrict his fist around her frantically beating heart. "Ah!" She yelled out falling into her father who caught her and began to yell for the man to relent.

But then the pain stopped and instead of coming from Nancy- a pained gasp shot from her attacker. The people on the ground all looked up to find Julian with the pointed end of a sword blade right through his heart.

He gave a weak sounding noice before he collapsed. And fell unceremoniously from the tower.

Dead.

(I know who's the sword is- but I'm changing that. For the story and I will not be following seasons 7 and 8 of TVD- because in my opinion they were shit.)