Christmas Break

Christmas, the time of joy, the time of family, the time of giving. Everyone was feeling the Christmas energy but me. The Weasley's offer Harry and I a place to stay every year for Christmas and on this particular year I spent the majority break up in my room at the Weasley's completely isolated from everyone else watching as the snow fell softly outside my window. It was soothing to watch almost as soothing as the rain. But the thought of Cedric just wouldn't leave me, It haunted me and I still don't understand how I saw him again, I wanted to tell Snape or Dumbledore but I just couldn't put the words together, so I just decided to lay in bed under the covers watching the snow and listening to the joyful conversations down stairs and the crowd of laughs that would usually lift anyone's spirit. I wanted to smile, I wanted to join them but I already felt horrible for ignoring all my friends for over a couple weeks and it just didn't sit right to go down and join them now.

"She'll be fine by Christmas," Harry mimicked the saying that George had said a few weeks ago,

"Hey, don't blame George he's just not very good at telling the future," Fred said thinking that he was standing up for his twin, George just rolled his eyes.

"It's Christmas day, I don't understand why she wouldn't be down with us," Hermione said, looking up the stairs worried, "I should go talk to her,"

Hermione made her way slowly up the stairs, and then carefully opening my door letting of a soft creak, "Elizabeth?"

I quickly closed my eyes, and laid still pretending I was asleep, I could hear her mind and I could tell she was convinced. I heard her get out a piece of paper and the clicking of a pen, and then she tiptoed out of the room, closing the door behind her. I quickly jumped out of bed to reach for the note, 'Hey, please come down stairs we miss you :(' I smiled slightly and almost thought of going but then realized that she thinks I'm asleep, so another half hour up here alone wouldn't hurt anybody.

"Well?" Harry asked, as Hermione came back down the stairs,

"She's asleep," She said, "I left her a note though,"

"Why didn't you just wake her up?" Ron asked with a mouth full of chicken,

"Because that's rude Ronald," Hermione said quite angry by his comment,

"Merry Christmas!" Sirius and Remus burst into the house, with the biggest smiles giving all the kids a hug and a small gift.

"Where's Elizabeth?" Sirius asked, knowing that he hadn't hugged me yet.

"She's upstairs, been there all holidays and she won't come down," Harry answered, slightly annoyed by it now,

"Still upset about Cedric?" Remus questioned knowing fully that I was, the kids all nodded, Remus went into the kitchen to greet Molly and Arthur while Sirius made his way up to my room,

"Hey, Kiddo?" He knocked softly on the door making sure I was awake before entering, "How you feeling?"

I mumbled something under my breathe, and he laughed slightly,

"Why are you laughing?" I said angrily,

"Ah so she does still talk," Sirius mocked me while pinching me on the arm,

"Ow, stop," I tried not to laugh but a smile spread on my face,

Sirius smiled even bigger than he was before, "Now that's more like it,"

"Sirius? How did you deal with my parents death?" I asked,

"Not very well, I mean I went on a murder spree, which I do regret but than I don't at the same time because they were bad people," He answered going completely off track, "But a wise man once told me that life has many obstacles, some are easy and some are hard but every obstacle makes you stronger,"

"I like that saying," I said smiling as I recited it in my head,

"Me too, and I want you to know that people die every day and that's just something we have to deal with, and I know that it hurts but if you decide to sit around and mope about it than it isn't going to get any less painful," He placed a hand on my shoulder, "I miss your parents terribly but I know that they would want me to be happy and to be downstairs with my friends, Cedric would want that for you too,"

"Thank you, Sirius, I appreciate it," I gave him a hug which felt overwhelmingly good,

"Come down when your ready," He ruffled my hair and then left the room.

It must of been what Sirius said because I felt so much better, I felt happy, I felt as though I could smile and I didn't hesitate to walk straight out of that room and down the stairs, and when I made it to the table everybody cheered for me and that made me smile with teeth which I rarely do,

"Molly, I would like to apologise for my behaviour this holiday, I am beyond grateful for everything you do for Harry and I and I haven't really shown that this year," I walked up to where Molly was seated and she stood up giving me a tight hug,

"That's quite alright dear, no need to apologise, just happy your here now,"

I sat down beside Harry, giving a quick glance towards George who met my eye, smiling shyly.

Hours past full of laughter, games and several conversations, we even did some karaoke and surprisingly Ron is actually a really good singer,

"He even got Hermione blushing," I nudged Harry, both of us cracking up laughing.

"Well we better get going," Remus came in to say goodbye to us kids,

"Got to get home before dark," Sirius said trying to sound like Remus, Remus simply just grabbed him by the hand and dragged him out of the house smiling slightly at Sirius' stupidity,

"Bye kids!" Sirius got out one more message giving me a slight little wink before disappearing out the door.