Chapter 10: Amends

A/N: I hope you guys enjoy the holidays with your families and friends and were thankful that you're still alive and well, despite the dumpster fire of a year we've had. Christmas with my family was great, but now we're back to writing. Onwards to the next chapter!

(Nikora's pov)

After reveling in our victory in taking the beach leading to the doorstep of Hiccup's capital city, I bathed to wash away the stench of sweat, blood, and death off of my skin. After that much-needed bath and throwing on a simple dress, one of my Egyptian lieutenants Vitani approached me and bowed her head before speaking. "Queen Nikora, the Kievan king and his heir summon you and your sister," she then added, "they did not seem happy."

"I wonder what sours their mood," I thought out loud, "we won the day, and then we take the fight to the barbarians capital city at dawn tomorrow."

"You will be displeased to know that Boleslav and his brute of a son are denying the Mongrel Tribe an opportunity to fight tomorrow—"

"WHAT?!" I boomed out in outrage. "For what purpose?!"

Vitani pursed her lips and answered me. "Boleslav knows that we're not just common warriors, we're the finest warriors in the world," she then continued, "Boleslav believes your reputation and fame would be enough to encourage the Rus' to follow us into battle and not the Boleslav's." I absorbed my lieutenants' words and nodded in understanding.

"Thank you, Vitani," I then looked her in the eyes and smiled lightly at her, "see yourself to wine and food. You fought well today." Vitani bowed her head and dismissed herself. Once she was out of my sight, I growled to myself and exited my chambers within The Tempest and made my way to the top deck, where Eir awaited me, we shared a warm embrace and deceased down to the sand and made our way to the Boleslav flagship.

"Have you heard? That Rus' dog and his whelp deprive the Mongrel's the right to spill blood!" Eir snarled out in outrage.

"This too makes my blood boil Eir," I reassured her, "but the Rus' and their numbers are what we need to overthrow Haddock completely. Boleslav and his Rus' brethren are... a means to an end. When the time comes, we will see to it that the Kievan king pays for depriving us of our rightful place on the battlefield. But for now, we must temper our rage with patience."

"Always patience," Eir growled out, "we have waited for twenty years! We must avenge our father's death!"

"And we will," I reassured her, "Haddock will suffer for slaying our father, but sadly that time has not yet arrived. For now, temper your blood lust with patience." Eir growled in both annoyance and disapproval, but none the less bowed her head in submission.

Once we reached Boleslav's flagship, we laid eyes on all the Rus' rulers and Drago's warlords here to pay homage to Boleslav and Igor for delivering them such an easy victory. The sight made me curl my lips in annoyance, Boleslav is nothing but a withered old corpse and did nothing while my sister and I led our Mongrels to victory this day.

We should be the ones receiving homage.

"You have one a great victory, dear Boleslav, King of the Kievan Empire," one of the Rus' rulers said in admiration, "no one thought the beach of Denmark could be captured so easily." They then offered Boleslav an ore and golden dagger, the weapon would be most effective in combat, but its purpose was for show.

"A beautiful gift, my dear friend," Boleslav said with a grin, "tomorrow, you will be among the first to walk among the streets of Haddock's capital city as we burn that infernal place to the ground." Boleslav then looked to me and Eir and then dismissed every Rus' ruler and foreign warlord present, until the only occupants that remained were Boleslav, Igor, their bodyguards, myself, and Eir.