Chapter 199: All Is Not Lost

When her icy cold fingertip made contact with his scorching face, Jiang Shuxuan felt his heart seize up and the look in his eyes darkened.

He watched Gu Xiqiao narrow her eyes as a cold aura swept over him. There was a hint of confusion in his gaze as he stared into Gu Xiqiao’s crystalline eyes. Still, he swiftly pulled her down onto solid ground.

Jiang Shuxuan’s movements were a little stiff. Her eyes were blurry and a subtle layer of pink appeared across her usually pale-white skin. He froze up when the warm air her nose exhaled hit his face. A warm feeling has taken over the unbearable chill.

He opened his arms and embraced her tightly. Peering into her dreamy eyes, he bowed down and gave her a long hard kiss.

Her tied-up ink dark hair has been loosened up. It flowed freely behind her head, draping down from her jade-like slender neck. Her beautiful face was indifferent, which made Gu Xiqiao all the more alluring, as if she was shrouded in a layer of mist.

Time stood still for what felt like an eternity.

He took a deep breath. Despite the fire in his eyes, he managed to maintain his cool composure. With a low and cold voice, he told her, “Let’s pay Doctor Rong a visit shall we?”

He was reluctant to let anyone else catch a glimpse of Gu Xiqiao’s beauty.

With dreamy eyes, she looked up at him. Her stinging hot fingers grabbed onto his arm. Satisfied, she let out a sigh of content. “Brother Jiang, I’m still conscious…” Her voice trailed off halfway through her sentence.

Considering how immense her mental strength was, this level of trickery was far from enough to deceive her mind.

This was just an instinctive reaction, if you will.

A slightly hoarse voice spoke into his ear. Jiang Shuxuan looked up with burning determination in his eyes. He proceeded to lunge upwards.

Gu Xiqiao only felt a slightly cool body press up against hers. The heat in her body did not subside. In fact, her body temperature seemed to have increased.

Gu Xiqiao felt as if a tidal wave of heat had swept over her limp body.

Her body shook uncontrollably. However, the noise that came out from her mouth was blocked by someone else.

The seemingly sober Gu Xiqiao had really fallen unconscious this time.

A snow-white veil descended upon the unending sky, leaving only two tiny lingering silhouettes visible.

***

Outside the cave.

The temperature had dropped to freezing point. Purple sparks in addition to that shining blue blade hilt remained at the mouth of the cave; not a single soul managed to make even a dent in them.

“Do you think they’ll be able to make their way out?” asked Murong Feiye who walked over with a glowing longsword in his hand. He focused his gaze on the sealed up dark cave. For the past seven days, the image of the distant and peerless Gu Xiqiao kept appearing in his mind.

The look in Baili Bin’s eyes was unwavering. “They’ll make it out, I’m sure.”

This was less of a reply to Murong Feiye’s question and was more about convincing himself.

One week had passed and the mouth of the cave was still sealed by blinding sparks. Even the dark clouds that gathered above the cave had disappeared. The pure black squares emanating evil energies had returned to being regular rocks and most of the people from the ancient martial arts world would agree that the calamity had already been resolved. And yet, the two that had ventured into that hole had yet to reappear.

Rebirth of an Idle Noblewoman (1-200)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara