𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍─𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐊𝐘𝐔𝐔

Book Cover

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 + 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 + 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Loverman

Refers to someone devoting themselves

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠[𝐬]

Various Haikyuu X Reader

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐐𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞 + 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"She did everything she could so that I could succeed..."

IN WHICH, a young girl does whatever it takes to allow her friend to succeed. Even changing her own self for it.

Prologue

SHE NEVER HAD MANY FRIENDS

All through middle school there was only one person she truly called her friend. To her, everyone else was just there for gossip. If someone slipped up they weren't friends. If they stepped out of line they weren't friends. It was all too much work for her.

Instead she found solace in a boy so determined it spread to her as well. Her goal in life was to be someone famous, to be seen by the world and leave a message to everyone. But because of her extreme social anxiety she knew it would never happen.

So, instead, she devoted herself to something she COULD accomplish. Someone that she could make reach their own dreams. Shoyo Hinata. He was the sun in her dark and cloudy life. Coming in and leaving her once cold existence warm and filled with love.

"No one wants to join still..."

The boy would say as he stood in front of her. Throwing the ball up in the air before hitting it up again. Going as long as possible without letting it drop.

"But that doesn't matter! Because I know I'll get to play, even if I have to do it alone"

Turning around and smiling at her set off the final signal in her that she needed. The final push before she was able to fully walk on her own. Tired of hearing him sulk about no boys wanting to join the team. Saying that there wasn't a single chance.

There could be.

"Hinata...what would you do if you got on the court"

"I told you to call me Shoyo! But if I got on the court...I'd definitely try to win,"

The male stared ahead of him with a determined face. Almost as if he could see himself there in the future. Like everything wasn't just going to be a waste of time to him.

"Then again, as long as I try my best winning doesn't matter too much"

It was unfair to her, that people like the orange haired male had such a big chance. And yet in the end it was always other people holding them down. She was her own problem, but not him, the rest of the WORLD was his problem.

No one wanting to commit themselves in the fear of losing. In the fear that they'd only turn into a joke. But Hinata always found happiness in that. That even if he would be the laughing stock at the school he'd tried his best.

"That's true"

Hearing her tone drop a bit more the male turned to her. Watching as she slowly caressed her [h/c] hair lightly. Pushing a few strands away from one another, revealing the split ends that she had yet to cut.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing...I just think I might cut my hair"

The boy quickly lit up at her words. Wondering what she was going to do with her hair next. She'd spent the last few years growing it out from the shorter length it was before. So he wanted to know if she was planning to make it shorter again. Possibly wanting to go back to the old ways.

"Whatever you get will look good on you [N/n]!"

Though her head was still down she lowered it even more. Not stopping the motion with her fingers in her hair while doing so. A red coated her cheeks at his words, he was the only one to ever speak such things to her.

"Thank you"

"Hey, you wanna set me a few? You're really good at it!"

Looking up at him again the girl could never find it in her to deny the bright boy. Radiating such happiness was a skill that not many had. Making her even more grateful to have met the boy oh so long ago.

"Sure"