Clever Escape pt.2

~ Minor time skip in between dreams is brought to you by the guys at the end of commercials who speak the language of the gods.~

The training was harsh and the detention for failing to comply to commands was supposedly harsher.

We spent a week under heavy mental stress in an isolated room.
Then another going through extreme physical exertion.
Another with actual battle training.
Finally, a half-week of having to starve ourselves with limited water.

And guess what? I luckily managed to follow every order... that is until now.

With basic battle training, we're to be sent into a smaller fighting ring that branches off from the three main arenas to test our abilities before being sent to destroy the other side. Obviously, we are not the first team to go in, and I watch as the beast we are to beat tears through the previous team as if we are ants. Well, what I know of ants. They have gone extinct.

I feel a tingle of nervousness. That isn't usual for me as I normally am very accepting to the idea of dying when complying with orders. Now, I don't know what to feel anymore.

Beside me, that same kid named Alt-4 from the wagon has been put on my team. He isn't going to last long in the ring. Actually, I don't know how he's still alive after all that torment we went through to get to this point.

The only other member of our team that I know goes by the name Heather. She's on the older side but has a very accurate shot with practically any firearm. She'll be crucial in this battle if the beast is weak to ranged attacks.

The kicker? There are two others but I never caught their names and we literally only have ten minutes to come up with a team strategy.

Great. Just fucking great.

We aren't going to pull this one off. Yes, the beast will be a little weary. No, it won't be weak.

I just hope to whatever god there is out there that I won't have to use my wings and get shot dead when they see them.

I hear a faint whimper to my right and see Alt-4 practically shaking. His spot on the ground near the entrance that we will be entering through shortly is doing a pretty good job of hiding his slowly dying body from the guards.

That poor bean.

We don't a say a word to each other, even when two guards come to collect us for our final test, and the sinking feeling of anxiety that plagued me goes numb as we approach the gate separating us from the beast.

As the gate opens, I notice the beast's wings are chained to his sides, what would normally be lushest with leaves is but bare branches that look to be on the verge of breaking. Around me, everyone readies into a battle stance... except me. I stand and stare, a strange pull towards the Draconian keeping me still.

In the next moment, the gate closes behind us.

Had I moved? I don't remember entering the ring.

Seizes opportunity after a week and escapes via Leaf Dragon who is unusually thin and wingless.

"Yes and oh I live near the bluest of oceans. It is free of plastic and oil. A project of which our king Balthazar is passionate about. You will love it there. Now, up you go..."

The next thing I know, I'm pushed up onto the dragon's back, the scales of bark and leaves are solid, poking into my pants. He feels so real, so... alive. I grip onto his back out of instinct as he shifts. His movement is silent, which is astonishing.

"But— how will I know where to go?"

"Just follow the path of green trees. My boy should know how to get there. That is if he has remembered after all this time imprisoned as a gladiator."

Before I can speak again, a loud bang startles us. From the camp, an entire squad of Centuries run at their fastest speed towards us. Scythe takes a battle stance.

"Go. Go!"

I hold on in fear as the beast rears and begins running towards the woods. I look behind me, watching as Scythe engages in battle versus the giant Centuries.

She rushes forward and slices one of them down with the swipe of her sword...
and that is the last I see of her.

The poor Darksoul Raptors.

~