2-

"Alright class, clear your desks."
This bitch...
Harriette rolls her eyes, but does it anyways.
Charlotte V. Lemington (the students joked the V standed for vagina), was the principal of UN Prep.
And though this school had a large rich people only, sign... they lacked teachers for the Senior class.
Hence, Ms. Lemington taught homeroom, and unfortunately her Seniors would have to see her nasty face in debate right after.
Good thing homeroom was optional.
"Today, we will begin a group project," Charlotte's upright voice trills. "With the person..."
Please say next to me, please say next to me, Harriette pleads, wanting to do a project with her best friend.
"I say, you will be organizing a debate on a certain topic. I will reveal those topics once you mingle with your partner."
Damnit.
There was, however, a slim chance that Ms. Lemington would pair them together. Slim, but still existent.
Harriette pulls out her phone to quell the suspense, immediately going on Snapchat.
She was constantly flooded with snaps from the football and hockey team.  She didn't respond often, and would probably only send a random meme instead of the eyes they were hoping for in response to a random snap.
Is Dominic the only dude my age with a braincell? He doesn't spam me.
Harriette zones out, thinking of a relationship with Dominic. He wasn't that popular, but he was so nice, and smart, and sweet...
"Ms. Au Prince? Earth to Madamoiselle Au Prince?"
Harriette jolts in her seat, snickers populating the room.
"Yo?"
Ms. Lemington stares at her, a blank expression on her soon to be wrinkled face.
"You're partnered with Mr. Santos."
"Alright."
Julie giggles as Harriette rises from her seat, solemnly takes her bag, and heads to the back of the classroom, where Dominic sat quietly, on his phone.
Harriette swears she heard her say 'Mrs. Santos.'
As Harriette was the last person, Ms. Lemington allows the class to mingle with their partners while she went and got the graphic organizers for this project.
Harriette, wondering why Dominic didn't seem to notice her, clears her throat, kicking her feet up unto the table.
"Yo? Anybody in there? Helloo~?"
Dominic doesn't look up.
Harriette, hurt by being ignored, huffs and turns away from him, stamping her boots on the ground.
Such a loser. Doesn't he know who I am? Does he not see how totally hot I am?
In reality, Dominic was just listening to an audiobook and didn't hear her, he was too invested.
Her perfume wafted into his nostrils, a sweet lavender scent.
He took out one earbud, and looked her up and down, very confused at why such a beautiful, totally not aggressive, black woman was sitting right next to him, legs crossed as she texted angrily.
"Uh- um," Dominic stammers. Harriette jerks her head around, a pissed look on her face.
"What?!"
Dominic's face turns red, and he covers his face with his hands.
"Lo siento! I was listening to an audiobook- I did not notice you were my partner! Forgive me!"
Harriette was about to snark back at him, and assert her status, but something told her not to.
Dominic tugged at her heartstrings with that action. He was so soft, yet if you looked at this hipster young man, you'd think he did hardcore weightlifting, and boxed with animals on his freetime.
Harriette remembers Dominic saying, not to her as she was eavesdropping, that he was a pacifist. And though people teased him by calling him the rare Wingless Latino, Dominic was a very gentle and sensitive guy.
The exact opposite of Harriette. And you do know what they say, right?
"Like... it's aight-" she decides to say, gingerly patting his shoulder. "There.. um.. there."
"Let me restart!" He outstretches a hand. "My name's Dominic de Santos! I'm 18! I like to read, and play guitar."
Harriette looks at his hand, very large. She takes it, and shakes it, a proud grin on her face. "What's good witchu, Dominic? My name's Harriette A. Au Prince! I'm also 18.." She winks at Dominic, who gets extremely flustered. "Let's work together and get an A.. that'd be pretty amazing!"
"Y-yes..."
She removed her hand, then pats his shoulder.
Then, she smiles, and goes back to texting.
Urgently texting Julie, who was ignoring her partner for this project, she details her master plan.

hariettitty: bitch ..
okay maybe i want him. BUT SO WHAT
julyslie: LMAOOOOOOO
LMAOOOOOO LOOK AT YOUR STUPID ASSS
hariettitty: .
man fuck u u watch by the end of this project im finna have a boyfriend
ask him out
we become friends
he loves me because im sexy
💖
julyslie: BECAUSE IM SEXY BITCH WHERE
but fine. if u make him ur bf ill give u two hunnid
no cap
harietitty: bet....

Harriette reads over the paper, her nails so bright purple they outstand against the organizer.
Their topic is simply music; is it good or bad?
This'll be mad easy, she notes, skimming over the assignment requirements. Dad made me learn so many instruments, I think I'm finna get an A.
The best thing, however, was seeing Dominic's shy eyes light up when they got their topic.
He loves music, and Harriette wishes she has the energy to ask him more about it.
Class was almost over anyways... and her mother always said that the birds always found a nest because they got up and flew.
So, she decided to be a bird, and link him her socials.
"Yo," she says, picking up her bag. "You got an Instagram? Twitter? Snapchat? We can work on this proj' later, you feel me?"
"I uh.. have all of those." Dominic fiddles with his glasses. "Can I write down my username? I uh..." He lowers his voice to a whisper. "It's a little embarassing."
"Anything for you, hun," Harriette lilts. She watches as he scribbles on a Post-It, and crumples it. Then, he hands it to her, a soft look on his face.
"Would you like to.. eat lunch with me?"
"Uh.." She glances at Julie, who signs a thumbs up.
"Aight."
"Alright. Thank you! See ya!"
Harriette waves to him as the bell rings, a million things on her mind.
And all of them seemed to be about Dominic.