heartbeat. [🍓]

ship: vkook
tags: switch!taegguk, drinking, slightly nsfw (mentions of inappropriate topics).

prompt: (edit is not mine.)

Taehyung is a guitarist in a rock band, and Jeongguk is an idol

Taehyung is a guitarist in a rock band, and Jeongguk is an idol. Both meet at the annual after party of the MAMA's.

──────

Taehyung hated after-show parties. They were always noisy, and he had to pretend to like people for his label's image. Truth was, he didn't like most of them. They thought their genre was superior and boasted about their songs being played on the radio.

And that was the reason why he sat at a table in the back, swirling his whiskey in his glass. He didn't pay attention to the show that was going on on the dance floor, trying to shut the deafening bass of the music out.

He noticed someone sitting down beside him, but again, he didn't pay attention. Probably someone wanting to take a break from all the dancing.

"It's truly a circus, isn't it?" the person spoke up, and Taehyung reluctantly lifted his head to look at his new companion.

"It is," he responded, keeping his answer short in hopes of being able to enjoy solitude again.

"You don't sound like someone who's here because they want to." the other person stated, also taking a sip from their drink.

Taehyung scoffed, "I would never."

It was quiet for a few seconds, well, as silent as it can be with the music making the ground shake and the glasses at the bar clattering. Suddenly a hand entered his line of view, which was again restricted to the table. He raised a questioning brow, looking up again.

"Jeon Jeongguk." the other said, and Taehyung smiled. It wasn't a happy one; it was a spiteful one.

"I know."

Of course, he knew Jeon Jeongguk from Infinity. Their songs were all over the radio, bugging him every time their manager drove them somewhere. The older sighed and took Jeongguk's hand, giving it a small squeeze before letting go. His hand automatically found its way back to his glass, lifting it up to his mouth.

"And you are...?" the idol pushed, tilting his head a little.

"Kim Taehyung. Blue Nothing."

Jeongguk perked up, his eyes widening with interest. "The song 'Summer Wish' is from you, right?" the idol asked, leaning over the table a little.