"𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐝."

never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

winston churchill

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

March 15th, 2020

CLEO had found herself grabbing her mail from her mailbox just like any other day before locking it back and letting out a small puff of breath as she looked through the stack of papers when she suddenly heard keys jingling from afar.

Cleo looked up and saw it was none other than Theo and she found herself biting the inside of her cheek as she watched him casually walk past her dressed in a gray hoodie underneath a red and pale white plaid flannel and a pair of gray sweatpants on with some black low cut Vans.

"Hey...Cleo, right?"

"Yep."

Theo blinked a couple of times at Cleo's blunt response and watched her start to walk away, but for some reason since Dakota and Kade were gone for the next few days on their business trip, he kind of wanted to speak to Cleo.

Even though he didn't know much about her, he felt this might be the chance for them to talk -- like actually talk -- which is why he sharply turned back around and headed for the elevator and stopped the doors before they fully shut and slid himself inside with Cleo.

Cleo creased her eyebrows and let herself try not to get caught up in Theo's mess, but it only made Theo awkwardly clear his throat and make Cleo side-eye him momentarily before the elevator stopped on their floor making her step off.

"Cleo, wait!"

"Listen, Theo, I'm not really in the mood for games."

Theo snickered.

"No games, just two people talking, huh?"

Cleo shook her head and kept her back to Theo which made him roll his eyes and curse under his breath as he sped walked over to Cleo and watched her unlock the door to her apartment, but not before stopping once she noticed how close Theo was.

"How lonely are you?"

"Pretty lonely...this happens everytime Dakota goes on a business trip."

Cleo scoffed.

"Shocker..." Cleo murmured out as she fully unlocked the door and slid herself inside, but not before hearing footsteps which made her turn around to see Theo creasing his eyebrows and sliding inside himself and shutting the door. "Sure, come on in."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'shocker'?"

"Well, you treat Dakota like she's not your best friend. Honestly, I'm surprised she decided to keep you around."

"Whoa, wait a minute, you don't know a thing about me -- or Dakota and I's relationship at that."

"I know you're in love with her, enough that you didn't even realize you called your friendship with her a relationship."

Theo gulped.

"I..."

Cleo smacked her lips against her teeth and slapped her mail down onto her kitchen island before heading into her kitchen and looking in her cabinets for two coffee mugs and then proceeding to pull out some tea bags and get ready to make some while Theo absentmindedly took a seat at the chair in front of her kitchen island.