ㅡ 5. 「 how would i know?」!

|written unknown. 10. 20

|edited 4.4.21

|rewritten 4.4.21 3:27 am

Shirabu ran into the Semi siblings while shopping with his mother.  He wasn't too surprised to see his sister. He was more intrigued by what she said. 

Shirabu: Uh mom, I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be back soon.

Shirabu leaves Eita with his mother and heads to the washroom.

Mrs. Himari: So you like my son.

Eita: Uh yea I guess.

Mrs. Himari: So, how did you meet.

Mrs. Himari went closer and looked Eita in the eyes. Eita was a bit worried. He may or may not have imagined this moment when he was going to meet Shirabu's parents. He didn't know that it would be this early. Besides, they weren't together or anything like that. Not even friends with benefits. As far as he was concerned, they were rivals.

Eita: Oh, we just met at school. We're on the volleyball team.

Mrs. Himari: ah, great!

Shirabu walks out of the washroom. He sees Eita and his mom talking and is not very worried. He knew that he could completely trust him with secrets. Shirabu knew that his mom won't say anything that could wreck a friendship. But Eita and Shirabu weren't friends. Would that mean that she could do what she wants?  The copper-haired male decided to stay hidden until they ended the conversation. He wanted to see Eita's reactions and answers.

Mrs. Himari pulled out her phone and quickly opened the voice recorder app.

Mrs.Himari: So what do you like about him?

Eita: I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, but are you recording me right now?

Mrs. Himari: Yes, I am. I need proof that you like Shirabu. Then I need to go over it to see if you are good enough for him.

Eita:  so I guess I have to answer with my best answer.

Mrs. Himari: No, I need you to answer truthfully. I need to know that you will be honest with my child.

Eita:  well, I guess I'll gladly answer your questions.

Shirabu was awfully shocked at his mom for trying to evaluate his crush. He felt embarrassed out of his mind.

 Mrs. Himari: like I asked before, what do you like about him?

Eita: He's awfully adorable and he has such a wonderful personality

Woah, he thinks I have a beautiful personality. For all I ever knew, I thought everyone assumed I had a bad personality. How does he know my legit personality, when I've never shown it to him before. I'm usually rock-hard rude to everyone.

Mrs. Himari: How do you know he has such a wonderful personality?

Eita: Well, he is such a tsundere. He acts so rude and all, but deep down he's such a softie

Mrs. Himari: And how could you back up that fact?

Eita: Well remember that one time in 8th grade, that he hurt his knee when playing with his old friends?

Mrs. Himari: Yes I do. Very clearly.

Eita was fiddling with his hair while answering this question.

Eita: Well , I don't think anyone remembers this clearly but me. 

Mrs. Himari: What is it?

Eita: So uhm, he was crying and then he fell asleep on the bed. I wanted to check up on him cos my gay ass wouldn't stop worrying about him. 

Mrs. Himari: Well.. what happened?

Yeah bro what happened I'm really anxious

Eita: Uhm, can I whisper it into your phone or into your ears or something?

Mrs. Himari: Uhh yea of course.

Eita leaned into her ears, while she brought the phone up to his face.

Eita: I hugged him and kissed his cheeks

Mrs. Himari gasped and looked at Eita with happy eyes. She was secretly fangirling over the little incident

Eita: Yea, no one knows but me.

Mrs. Himari put her hands on her chin and scrunched up her face. Eita was scared, and he should've been scared. He didn't know if she would reject him or not.

Mrs. Himari: So last question. What do you do other than volleyball?

Eita: Well, uh, I play for a band.

Mrs. Himari: Well, that's cool. What band do you play for?

Eita: Well I play for Things Won't Leave. 

Mrs. Himari: Oh, I heard about that band before... So what position do you play?

Eita: I play lead guitarist and lead singer, cos I pretty much built the band up.

Shirabu was filled with information about Eita that he never knew. He had mixed feelings about some of Eita's answers.  Shirabu walked out from the aisle he was hiding in. He decided to try to look as nonchalant as he could, although inside of him was getting all tangled and full of butterflies.

Eita: Wow you sure spent a lot of time in the bathroom.

Shirabu rolled his eyes.

Shirabu: And how does that affect you?

Eita: No reason. Anyway, it was nice talking to you Shirabu's mom. I have to go find my crackhead of a sister.

Mrs. Himari: Well it was nice talking to you too.

Shirabu stared at Eita as he walked away from them. 

Mrs. Himari: He was such a nice boy. I see why you like him

Shirabu laughed awkwardly