07. hale's ballet

And blew through the money on the boys and the ballet

"I feel like this paint color is too dark. Marloise what do you think?" Estella inquired, gazing at the multiple paint options sprawled on the floor. The colors varied from a light cream to a dark plum.

The ballet school had finally finished its construction. It was a breathtaking building, its exterior was clad in brick, with windows strategically placed on its front side. The front door was a gorgeous sight, its frame outlined with gold patterns, swirling around its entirety.

Although the interior wasn't completed, it was even more beautiful than the outside. It was an almost mystical sight.

The stage had dark cherry wood covering it. The wooden designs protruding from the walls surrounding the stage brought it to life. The wine-red curtains were tied against the wall, revealing the whole stage.

"I like the creme, it'll bring more light into the building," Marloise replied, pointing the color out. Estella nodded in agreement and turned towards the painters. "I'll choose the cream for the rest of the interior then," Estella stated. The men nodded and quickly got to work.

Weeks had passed and the building was finally ready to officially open. Tonight would be the grand opening, featuring a rendition of Swan Lake featuring the new students at the ballet school.

Estella sat in the front with Marloise. She looked behind her and saw the entire theater full to the brim. Joy flooded her heart as people came to see her work. She was ecstatic, that this many people showed appreciation for ballet, an art that owned her heart.

It only seemed like yesterday the rumors about her husband's death and her inheritance were buzzing around town. Tonight, Estella ignored those harrowing thoughts and basked in the attention the ballet school brought her.