𝖙𝖜𝖔. 𝖘𝖎𝖉 & 𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖞 (1).

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice."

SUNDAY NIGHT DINNER ARRIVED IN the blink of an eye, and the twins and their uncle all stood outside the door of the quaint Stars Hollow home with an air of discomfort surrounding them

SUNDAY NIGHT DINNER ARRIVED IN the blink of an eye, and the twins and their uncle all stood outside the door of the quaint Stars Hollow home with an air of discomfort surrounding them. While Luke spent the day running the diner, Jess brought his sister to the lake he discovered the day before. Eve could immediately see the appeal of the secluded and quiet location, and together, the twins enjoyed a peaceful escape from their new reality in their new town. They enjoyed it so much that they almost forgot to return in time to get ready for dinner at Lorelai's home.

"Hey, perfect timing." Lorelai beamed as she opened the door to greet the trio. "Sookie's about to break her own record for the most food served outside the Roman Empire."

"Sounds great." Luke said.

"Sure does." Jess added, sarcastically, while Eve just offered Lorelai a small but grateful smile..

"So, come on in." Lorelai stepped aside to let them in. As Luke naturally began to explain their tardiness, Jess and Eve wandered into the living room and observed the nicely decorated and remarkably-used home.

"Wow," Eve said. "I wish Luke had a place like this."

Jess scoffed. "I thought we were supposed to be nice to him."

"I'm not being mean. I'm just voicing a desire."

"Well, look who it is." A third voice in the doorway caught the twins' attention. Standing there was the ever-present Roscoe Davis. Tonight, he was wearing a far more acceptable outfit for a teenage boy: jeans and a T-shirt.

"Roscoe," Eve acknowledged. The relief she felt to see a friendly face surprised her. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"Yeah, well. I'm like Sookie and Jackson's honorary son. I work on Jackson's farm."

"I don't think I've met either of them yet, but that explains your goofy outfit from the other day."

Roscoe's eyes gleamed at the joke, and he let out an unabashed chuckle. "That would be my uniform. Is this your brother?"

"Twin brother. Jess." Eve corrected. Jess had been watching their interaction, waiting for them to remember him. "Jess, this is the kind stranger from the other day. Roscoe."

"Nice to meet you, dude." Roscoe walked over and offered him a handshake. "I already told your sister, but if you need a friend on your first day, I got your back."

"Sweet," he said, impassively, and glanced at his sister before accepting the handshake.

"Hey guys." Lorelai peeked in. "Wanna come on in the kitchen?"