1

Y/n POV

I love surfing. It's been my life for as long as I could remember. I felt free and I wasn't scared. It always made me happy even in the darkest times.

Today I got up and went down stairs to eat breakfast.

"Hi hun! How was your sleep?" My mom said.

"Great!"

"Hi sweat heart!" My dad said. "How's your sleep?"

"It was good dad."

"Good, now what do you want to eat?"

"Just avocado toast please. I'm going surfing soon."

"Oh ok. Good! Did you ask your brother? I'm sure he would love to go!"

"Yeah I asked him last night. He said yes."

"Good!"

My brother is only two years younger then me. He is 17 years old. My brother loves to skim board. He is amazing at it too.

After I ate my breakfast I went upstairs and grabbed my backpack. I through in some sun screen, sandals, chap stick, and my wetsuit.

"Y/b/n!" I said to my brother knocking on his door.

"Coming, coming!"

He walked out in his swim trunks. We both said goodbye to our mom and dad and got in the car. On our drive we listened to songs. We live 30 minutes away from Malibu beach, the best surfing place.

Once we arrived we both put on our wetsuits and headed for the water. I ran with my board feeling the wind in my hair. I was the best feeling in the world. All my thoughts go away. I just listen to the sound of the waves crash and and smell the salty fresh air. Nothing can ever beat it.

I dove straight in! Go over the huge crashing waves with my board. Once I get past the breaking point, I put my stomach on my board and paddle out into the ocean using my arms. I duck dive under some waves and paddle over others. I get out to where the waves would form and wave to my brother who was skimming. I was a little further out then other people so I sat waiting for the perfect wave. All of a sudden a huge wave starts to form behind me. I paddle as fast as possible to catch it.

Tom's POV

i arrived at the beach with one of my friends. Hi name is Dan. He is my roommate. We start to set up our beach chairs until dan said something.

"Woah! Hey Tom look at that wave!"

I looked up and said "Yeah, wait that girl, she is trying to catch it!"

The girl gets to the perfect point the stand up on her board and she did. Her hair blowing in the wind as she road this huge wave. It was awesome. I have never seen someone surf like that. She was amazing. I saw many kids point up at her and the other surfers clapping and cheering her on. She did a very cool trick and landed it. She then dove off her board to make a perfect exit and swam to shore.

Y/n POV

I swam to shore and g out out the water. Other surfers came up to me and gave me a high five as my brother gave me a hug.

"That was great Y/n!" He said hugging me.

"Thanks bro!"

"Bye the way Y/n, all these boys were watching you."

We both died of laughter and I got back into the water. I swam even further out into the ocean this time.

Tom's POV

I watched the girl swim back into the ocean.

"Hey Tom! You're staring."

"Yeah yeah I know Dan!" I said back laughing a little.

"You like her?"

"Pft, nooo! I'm 21 she is probably 17 or something!"

"So?"

"So... I don't even know her Dan. I just think she is an amazing surfer."

"Okayyyyy."

I chuckled and looked back at the water. Dan then stood up from his seat and said "Look! People are screaming!"

I got up quickly after turning my head to the left. The life guard started blowing her whistle and calling everyone in.

Y/n POV

I heard the life guards blowing whistles and saw them signaling everyone to come in. I didn't know why but I was too far out in the ocean to swim in fast enough. I don't even know the problem. I heard screams as I looked to my left. I saw a fin. Not just any fin. A SHARK fin!

I love marine life but I have never encountered a shark. I lay down on my board and tried to swim as fast as possible. The shark was faster. I swam like my life depended on it.

Tom's POV

I ran toward the water with Dan as I saw the surfer girl trying to swim away from the shark. My heart racing and hoping she can swim fast enough.

Y/n POV

I kept paddling and paddling until I saw the shark...

—:)
Hey loves!
First chapeter! Sorry it is short and I ending on a cliffhanger but I can't wait for this story!
Love you chickens!